Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7
Author: Subject: CPB Pressure Cookers Being Siezed
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

How the rest of you got 'American Way' and other stuff out of my post above is amazing.

That was my comment regarding your right to free speech, and the woes of censorship.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

I'll bet she felt like handing you a CBP Dunce Cap to wear on your journey. :lol:

Ahhhh Yesss....reminds me of a story.
I was brought up in Newport Beach, Ca. One of my neighbors was John Wayne who was all around town, driving here and there in this huge station wagon with a custom top, raised agout six or eight inches to accomodate his tall Stetson hat which he didn't take off because he was bald.
Image is everything.
OK.....that's the end of that story.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 10:05 AM

elaine: no no no, he's not bald....he's balding. so he's bald!.....yup :lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
elaine: no no no, he's not bald....he's balding. so he's bald!.....yup :lol:

On board his converted Mine Sweeper, Wild Goose, which he kept at the dock in front of his house.
Nothing small about The Duke.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 10:44 AM

I've been known to dock in front of the wild goose for hours at a time ;D
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 10:47 AM

Boy, do I ever agree. But then I have had US Customs, before it came to be CBP ask some pretty dumb questions and they even sent a plastic 3-gallon sprayer to "the lab" for inspection. That was in 2002. I had to wait 2-hours for it to be returned. I was bringing it up from Michoacan to get a new seal kit for the pump.

I would not put anything past a CBP inspector. These guys are GOD when you are in their grip. Unchallengeable. Doubt it? Try arguing with one. The idiot that apparently seized a pressure cooker will never be questioned about it. In Tecate I once spent an hour in Secondary arguing over whether GLIBENCLAMIDA was "allowable". This is simply "GLYBURIDE" by a different name for diabetes. I brought a sheaf of print outs from the internet clearly showing the two names were for the same medication. It isn't a trademark name, its the generic formula name. They seized 200 tablets and there wasn't a damned thing I could do about it. A few months later I declared another purchase of 500 tablets and the inspector could have cared less. I was purchasing them at one-twentieth the cost of the same medication in the USA. Friends have b-tched that PARACETAMOL was questioned. Freakin tylenol by another name. My opinion is to be a successful CBP agent you don't need to be intelligent merely suspicious of everything.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
My opinion is to be a successful CBP agent you don't need to be intelligent merely suspicious of everything.

I agree. Vigilance is a good thing, but it's the meanness that alienates them from the public they serve and their training must lack a course in public relations.
It's too bad. I would think they would want, and benefit from public support. That's hard to get when they treat the public like the enemy.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:33 AM

How long from start to finish on your pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage recipe, Dennis?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
How long from start to finish on your pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage recipe, Dennis?

One hour mas o menos...depending on size. That's just for the beef.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

Boy, some of you are grumpy old people!.

I am not that old ;D

That just leaves, grumpy. :lol:

DT,
Yep....:saint:..... but you have spent a bit of time with me, so I hope that my other "attributes" may have displayed other more pleasant qualities.

My 'tude about all this isn't just regarding DK....he is just the mierda- magnet de jour....

So, Dennis and DT, I will absorb your wisdom and try my best to stop being sucked in.

:saint:

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 12:32 PM

Yeah you guys, it's US VERSUS "THEM"

Catch enough violations and you get to become SPECIAL agent. Then SENIOR SPECIAL AGENT.

Jackhammer out a super-secretly hidden load of narcotics and we'll transfer you off of night shift. Remember, if you don't fill your quota the reverse can apply!

Now get out there and get those BASTARDS!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 12:47 PM

I guess I am in the minority. Only had them take my dog food one time because it might have been made in China. I appreciate the work they do (albeit I wish it was more efficient sometimes). Keep up the good work Customs and BP. The alternative does not appeal to me.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
I guess I am in the minority.
I appreciate the work they do (albeit I wish it was more efficient sometimes). Keep up the good work Customs and BP. The alternative does not appeal to me.

Don't get me wrong. I also appreciate what they do. I don't, however, appreciate their demeanor at times. That sucks.

Why do the front line personnel in Tecate differ so much from those at San Ysidro? Both places are doing one car at a time, so if they say it's stress, they need to get another job.
Don't need delicate inspectors in the trenches.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 01:18 PM

Dennis, David most certainly has every right to his opinion. When he porks with the data, I'm going to call him on it. The falsehood he removed from his post is very common right wing manipulation of the data for their own purposes. (Getting Congress to vote against the vast majority of Americans who want background checks for all guns sales.)

It took me seconds to find the FBI data. David could have done the same thing. When he went looking, if he did his homework, he'd have seen the commonality of far right wing beliefs displayed in the sites which used his same skewed claim about gun deaths.

If truth matters, and it does to me, he tried to pull a fast one, got caught, and simply edited his post to make the lie go away, and I'm disinclined to let him get away with using his reputation to spout propaganda.

If all one sees is FOX, this sort of stuff is all one will know.

Informed Gun Control Advocates are 'somewhat' concerned about the 6220 people killed with hand guns during the 2011 reporting period cited below.:fire:

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by vgabndo]

politifact_photos_Gun_facebook_post.jpg - 16kB

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
David most certainly has every right to his opinion. When he porks with the data, I'm going to call him on it.

As well you should, Perry. I would say, that's your obligation, and your efforts are appreciated.

Quote:

The falsehood he removed from his post is very common right wing manipulation of the data for their own purposes.

David will be glad to know he's doing his part in the grand scheme of "Truth Management", but don't you think you're taking this orchestrated effort issue on his part a bit far and away from what pushes his buttons? I mean, I doubt he's joined a cabal with aims and goals of rewriting reality.
He just has his opinions and wants to state them.

Quote:

It took me seconds to find the FBI data. David could have done the same thing. When he went looking, if he did his homework, he'd have seen the commonality of far right wing beliefs displayed in the sites which used his same skewed claim about gun deaths.

So...he fires from the hip, which leads me to believe he's not subscribing to the readily available "commonality of far right wing beliefs." He may actually be thinking for himself and you should admire that quality, even in a conservative.

Quote:

If truth matters, and it does to me, he tried to pull a fast one, got caught, and simply edited his post to make the lie go away, and I'm disinclined to let him get away with using his reputation to spout propaganda.

He made a mistake. Partisan finger wagging won't change that........unless, of course, you have solid evidence to the contrary of his motives and methods.

Quote:

If all one sees is FOX, this sort of stuff is all one will know.

Believe what you will, Perry.........which, in turn, leads me to believe you are everything you openly or tacitly accuse David of being.....close minded..........manipulative.......self-righteous....authoritarian and brain washed.
I will defend with my life your right to be all of that, and more.

It's the American way, doncha know.

Yankee Doodle.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 02:06 PM

Looks like vagabndo got the chicken..:lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Howard

I am not that old ;D

62 just makes me feel old :biggrin:

I was prematurely grumpy but now I have grown into it. I will have to get a cane and whack people in the shins who get in my way. :lol::lol:

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 02:22 PM
Toneart You're A Nice Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Howard

I am not that old ;D

62 just makes me feel old :biggrin:

I was prematurely grumpy but now I have grown into it. I will have to get a cane and whack people in the shins who get in my way. :lol::lol:

I use my cane like a pool cue and shoot for somewhere else.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 02:23 PM

What "new" weapons laws would have prevented the pressure cooker bombs, the Aurora or Sandy Hook shootings???.....certainly not background checks or expanded background checks......the weapons used in those incidents were purchased legally, the people who committed Aurora and Sandy Hook were mentally ill.......

Once again we will jump to a "feel good solution" that will affect law abiding citizens and not a solution that will address the real problems of mental illness.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
What "new" weapons laws would have prevented the pressure cooker bombs, the Aurora or Sandy Hook shootings???.....

I haven't heard or seen a proposed law that doesnt address history alone and has nothing to do with the future.

Some lawmakers are desperate to find a solution, and can't. There isn't one, short of ammending the Constitution.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.