BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  15
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:07 AM

Dennis, this woman might have a borderline schizophrenic disorder which would not be apparent unless she was placed under extreme emotional stress, we don't know what her mental disability in totality is.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
But then again in part III of Gretchen's "Youtube" video she admits she is bi-polar and is off her meds in jail. And this could also explain why she sees people who aren't really there.

Bi-Polar isn't delusional, and if she was off meds for three days, she wouldn't be morphing into a rubber-room case. meds take a long time to build up in the system as well as wear off to a point of personality change.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

Dennis, this woman might have a borderline schizophrenic disorder

Yeah yeah....she might have polio too. :fire:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:19 AM

I learned early on, to keep my cool around Mexican cops. It is almost suicide to dump on a cop verbally. I have seen eyeball-to-action cops draw a firearm when an unarmed drunk starts in with the most insulting of of groserias. Mexicans are by virtue more emotional then gringos and combine emotion with macho and bro' you got el problemo if you back them in a corner with insults.

Run TOWARD gunshots when a person has no idea what is going on? Having been in the middle of one balacera with my granddaughters I can tell you running TOWARD gunfire never entered my mind.

I have administered primer auxilios (first aid) to victims of two automobile accidents. The earliest one happened on that "razorback" stretch of Mex 1 south of El Rosario where it follows the top of a ridgeline for several miles. A car flipped, ejecting the driver. The car and passengers went down into the canyon. A Caminos Y Puentes showed up. I was bent over the victim, blood on my hands and on my shirt. He had gone out a window or to be more accurate, through a window. I could smell beer. I looked up. The cop had a hand on his holster as he approached. I looked at him pointed a thumb to my chest and said clearly "Medico!" His hand came off his holster. After I staunched the scalp and shoulder wound bleeding, the cop asked me which car was mine - the second one back, southbound. The young man was lifted into the back of a pickup truck, and it turned around and headed for the hospital. The cop of course took my name and driver license number. Before he let me go he checked with a couple other motorists to make sure I had not been involved. "You said you were a medico", the cop noted. Apparently it was the correct thing to say. Not doctor, medico.

The balacera happened in a Bodega Aurrera parking lot. Pop-pop-pop-poppity-pop-pop-pop. A ricochet chip of concrete hit me in the forehead. The girls were terrorized with fear. Pilar held my teeshirt to my forehead as I drove to La Mira for stitches. The doctors freaked out when I entered la clinica. Head wound. Bad bleeding. My chest and pants were soaked with blood.

It's one thing to stand back and TALK about a shooting and quite another to be involved in one.

I have forced myself for decades so that NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE when the cops arrive, I shake their hand gently and greet them. Damned right it's hard. Damned right it's smart.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
I have forced myself for decades so that NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE when the cops arrive, I shake their hand gently and greet them.

In San Diego, that gesture could get you shot around fifty times. :o

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
But then again in part III of Gretchen's "Youtube" video she admits she is bi-polar and is off her meds in jail. And this could also explain why she sees people who aren't really there.

Bi-Polar isn't delusional, and if she was off meds for three days, she wouldn't be morphing into a rubber-room case. meds take a long time to build up in the system as well as wear off to a point of personality change.

Dennis have you ever seen a women go into a bi-polar rage? Maybe perhaps you yourself Dennis went into a bi-polar rage? Well, if you have, you're it isn't pretty to see. In my suburban neighborhood. I live by drug dealers, and one of their roommates is a young pretty women who from time to time goes into a bi-polar rage, and either me, or one of our other neighbors call the police on her, and they come and arrest her, and tell her she is going to be held for psychiatric evaluation, and a few days later she is back in her house again, and this repeats again every few weeks.

I have no doubt if this women acted up in the US that she too would have been arrested and held 72 hours for some kind of psychiatric evaluation. Her screams for Constitutional rights would have been ignored too.

In the video I think she said it took the cops 40 minutes to get her in the jail because she was fighting back, and she also cut her foot.

Does this sound like a normal rational women Dennis?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:32 AM

Quote:

I have no doubt if this women acted up in the US that she too would have been arrested and held 72 hours for some kind of psychiatric evaluation. Her screams for Constitutional rights would have been ignored too.

She may have, however, been able to clean herself and been fed.

Quote:

A what???

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:36 AM

bi-polar, sensationalistic, schizophrenic redhead that might have a knack for spinning yarns? the perfect nomad! :coolup:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:39 AM

It's everyone's choice right here, RIGHT NOW, on this board to decide to stay in Mexico or to leave, and get what they think they deserve in Mexico and go back to the United States. Either as a temporary or permanent guest. No one here is going to change the system, overnight, or in 20 years. I say let the police do their job and don't interfere. If you don't like it, go back to the US. There are many good things about Mexico, just don't act belligerent to the Mexican police and end up in a Mexican jail. Anyone knows that, even Gretchen. They are not pretty. And with good reason. Ending up in a Mexican jail is a good crime deterrent, where in the US it is a relative country club. Enjoy what Mexico has to offer and stay out of trouble. No one is twisting your arm to live or visit there.
Quote:
Quote:

She may have, however, been able to clean herself and been fed.

Quote:

A what???
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Dennis, this woman might have a borderline schizophrenic disorder which would not be apparent unless she was placed under extreme emotional stress, we don't know what her mental disability in totality is.
Quote:
Quote:

Bingo, you know EnsenadaDr I was thinking the same thing, but I don't want to be sued, so it's only an opinion that a tragic event like this could trigger some type of serious underlying mental condition if a person already has a known mental disorder. I'm sure you have been schooled in brief psychiatric evaluations like I have EnsenadaDr, and at least you know who to refers these type of people to, if you suspect some type of mental condition.

One thing that I found weird in the YouTube videos, is this women talked about going on a walk with her dogs. Later in the video she admits the dogs are homeless beach dogs, and she talks about the dog chasing the lifeguards truck. Most homeless dogs that I see in Mexico, don't have the energy to go chasing trucks like other crazy well fed dogs. I'm even wondering if the dogs are even walking with this women unless she is feeding the dogs.

I know this is a minor thing to bring up, but it repeats itself. She also claims the alleged shooter was a well dressed weight lifter who just didn't lift circuit gym weights, but rather he lifted the barbells and must have did squats for those well developed legs.

If you saw the picture of the shooting suspect, he has a big gut, and he is out of shape! ( I could see the police looking for a well dressed muscle man, and it turns out the suspect didn't fit her description at all)

At the very least this woman's perception is way way off, and she would have made a terrible witness in my opinion, although she was right there.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
just don't act belligerent to the Mexican police and end up in a Mexican jail.

Hysteria isn't belligerence. It's a reaction born of frustration.

Quote:
Enjoy what Mexico has to offer and stay out of trouble. No one is twisting your arm to live or visit there.

Ohh goody. Some more of the "love it or leave it" BS.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
I'm even wondering if the dogs are even walking with this women unless she is feeding the dogs.

Of course, this has a lot to do with everything.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm even wondering if the dogs are even walking with this women unless she is feeding the dogs.

Of course, this has a lot to do with everything.

It all adds up Dennis, and it paints a picture of somebody that may not be playing with a full deck.

Here is a picture of the alleged shooter Mexican surfer below. Does this guy fit Gretchen's physical description she gave in the "YouTube" video? What other things did Gretchen get wrong, or not tell us?

greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
bi-polar, sensationalistic, schizophrenic redhead that might have a knack for spinning yarns? the perfect nomad! :coolup:

Overqualified. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:23 PM

I think that some of you are missing the point. It doesn't really matter or not if Gretchen is a bi-polar flaming nut case who became combative, abusive or argumentative, the police were within their rights to detain her, but they didn't have the right to abuse her in detention. She still has rights, even in Mexico, the fact that she was denied the right to contact her consulate or anyone else is particularly chilling in light of the many people who disappear without a trace in this country. Those of you who are rationalizing the actions of the Rosarito police are the ones who are truly sick, have a little compassion, because this could just as easily happen to you.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:25 PM

So what are you going to do about it Monoloco?
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I think that some of you are missing the point. It doesn't really matter or not if Gretchen is a bi-polar flaming nut case who became combative, abusive or argumentative, the police were within their rights to detain her, but they didn't have the right to abuse her in detention. She still has rights, even in Mexico, the fact that she was denied the right to contact her consulate or anyone else is particularly chilling in light of the many people who disappear without a trace in this country. Those of you who are rationalizing the actions of the Rosarito police are the ones who are truly sick, have a little compassion, because this could just as easily happen to you.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:26 PM

Here we have a witness to what happened after the shooting from some American Blogger.

He seems to back up some of what Gretchen said, especially about the slow moving police, locked gates, but it also looks like the paramedics did what they could considering the gate was locked, and that caused a problem. ( again cops are trained medical medics, and they have every right to secure the area and make sure there aren't any other shooters around)

The witness also noted that Grenchen, "at first she was ignored, but as she became increasingly agitated and confrontational the cops had had enough. She was then physically restrained, handcuffed, and hauled away." ( again just about any cop when confronted by such a person would arrest or even shoot such a person if they become combative)

The blogger in my opinion is just another clueless American about Mexican culture. The problem is when they learn just a little about the Mexican culture, they apply it to the whole Mexican culture, and not a subculture where it actually belongs. Most Mexicans are Catholic and show the same type of emotions as American Catholics to the death of others. The annual Day of the Dead ceremonies, is just that, it's a annual ceremony, and the American blogger makes too much of it. What a dummy!:

I was washing the morning dishes last Friday when I heard gunshots from the beach below my balcony. Fireworks are blasted around here, as they are throughout Mexico, morning, noon, and night. But these were not the concussive booms I’ve grown accustomed to, but instead the “pop, pop, pop” you hear about in witness accounts of shootings. By the time I reached my deck, a small crowd had gathered near a lifeguard tower at the tide line. A red haired woman appeared to be cradling the head of a man who was lying in the sand.

Within a couple of minutes, a lifeguard truck appeared at the scene and sirens could be heard from the Bomberos station two blocks up the street. After about five agonizing minutes, an ambulance finally arrived at the locked gate to the parking lot that fronts the beach. The woman in the sand below was now bellowing hysterically for help. Unable to get past the gate, the ambulance waited outside the parking lot while lifeguards lifted the body onto the bed of their pickup and hauled him close enough to the ambulance where he could then be safely transferred. Unfortunately by now, two police cars blocked the ambulance’s retreat. Rosarito cops were wandering around listlessly, seemingly in no hurry to move their cars. The red-headed woman was beseeching the police to hurry up and get the flock out of the way. Another couple of minutes passed before the ambulance was finally allowed to speed away. As more police officers arrived, I could hear the woman below screaming “Why didn’t you do more? What is wrong with you?!” At first she was ignored, but as she became increasingly agitated and confrontational the cops had had enough. She was then physically restrained, handcuffed, and hauled away. Out by the waterline, a small pool of blood was soaking into the sand.

The victim of the shooting was named Mar Tejeda, a local lifeguard/fireman and surfer. He lived next door to my building in a small house adjacent to the beach. Mar Tejeda died that morning from gunshot wounds, shortly after arriving at a local hospital. I did not know him, but he and I would occasionally exchange pleasantries in one of my many walks around the neighborhood.

The red haired woman’s name is Gretchen Smith. A few days later she posted her account of what happened on her Facebook page:

Much has been made of Mexican’s attitude toward death. The bizarre rituals during the annual Day of the Dead ceremonies, where loved ones bring the deceased’s favorite foods and personal items to the cemetery seem from the outside like a joyous, not somber, celebration. Mexicans are said to show bravado when confronting death, to except its inevitability more readily then their northern neighbors, to laugh in the face of death. Shops all over Mexico specialize in hand crafted figurines of skeletal figures, the riotous and

http://stacytaylor.com/living-in-mexico/mar-tejeda/
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
It's everyone's choice right here, RIGHT NOW, on this board to decide to stay in Mexico or to leave, and get what they think they deserve in Mexico and go back to the United States. Either as a temporary or permanent guest. No one here is going to change the system, overnight, or in 20 years. I say let the police do their job and don't interfere. If you don't like it, go back to the US. There are many good things about Mexico, just don't act belligerent to the Mexican police and end up in a Mexican jail. Anyone knows that, even Gretchen. They are not pretty. And with good reason. Ending up in a Mexican jail is a good crime deterrent, where in the US it is a relative country club. Enjoy what Mexico has to offer and stay out of trouble. No one is twisting your arm to live or visit there.
Wow, for a doctor, you certainly don't show much compassion.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Here is a picture of the alleged shooter Mexican surfer below.

If this guy's a surfer, I'm a Navy Seal. :lol::lol:

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I don't live any where near Rosarito so probably nothing, but if it happened to a member of my community, myself and many others here would be standing up for Gretchen and demanding answers of why she was treated so poorly. I certainly wouldn't be making excuses for the inhuman treatment she received.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 12:36 PM

Really? and who would you go to to complain?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, I don't live any where near Rosarito so probably nothing, but if it happened to a member of my community, myself and many others here would be standing up for Gretchen and demanding answers of why she was treated so poorly. I certainly wouldn't be making excuses for the inhuman treatment she received.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.