Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Rumors of my demise exaggerated
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:49 AM

Pics when you get a chance Rick :yes:
Michelle said you posted beautiful shots on Facebook.
Oh, and did you get a chance to fish on this trip ?

[Edited on 11-24-2013 by BajaRat]

[Edited on 11-24-2013 by BajaRat]
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:03 AM

I appreciate the request for pics. Panama is a photographers paradise, wonderful subjects everywhere. Unfortunately I have tried posting pics here in the past without success. Sorry about that.

I did indeed fish this time, I used my 9' 4wt Sage to land Peac-ck Bass on poppers, a blast! They were not of an significant size but I landed around 30-40 each time out.

I fished Lake Gatun which is the man made lake that is the fresh water source of the locks of the Panama Canal.

This trip was primarily Urban, Panama City, with forays out to the mountains for gold panning, to the interior for fishing and to the Atlantic Coast for some Afro/Caribbean culture and beach time.

Iflyfishconmipanamanianamigos
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:10 AM

Wow that sounds fantastic, did you eat any. Aren't Peac-ck Bass in the Amazon as well
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRat
Wow that sounds fantastic, did you eat any. Aren't Peac-ck Bass in the Amazon as well

One of the best eating fish I have ever had. Very light, white flesh, a hint of nut in the finish. Not as firm as Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass, a bit more like flounder or Baja halibut.

I will return.

Iflyfishwithmouthfullofpeac-ckbass
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:20 AM

Peac-ck bass are indeed also found in the Amazon.

I fished out of Arenosa as seen in this video. I have a buen amigo named Patcho and can hook you up with someone who will drive you to the lake, provide your lunch etc. If interested U2U me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUf0HWM_fp8

Iflyfisharenosa
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:31 AM

Talking about the Amazon, can one eat piranhas?
Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
Peac-ck bass are indeed also found in the Amazon.

I fished out of Arenosa as seen in this video. I have a buen amigo named Patcho and can hook you up with someone who will drive you to the lake, provide your lunch etc. If interested U2U me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUf0HWM_fp8

Iflyfisharenosa
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:59 AM

Just as we have compassion for the other sexual preferences such as LGBT, we also must remember that Dennis has his own demons to deal with and has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder that he has freely admitted here on this board. Since I have seen him be supportive of gays, one can speculate that because of the holidays, Dennis is going through something we can only read about in textbooks. Just as he can be up and positive, funny and witty, he has his dark days and it may come across as mean and spiteful but it can be depression and darkness. We all have up and down days but a person with bipolar disorder has extreme lows and extreme highs. And so, as we support Dennis here and enjoy his entertainment on his "good" days, we need to understand that he has very "bad" days as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Dennis,
You have not been convicted by anyone but yourself. Your opinions expressed are your :"convictions" that you proudly stand behind/in front of. It is not a legal issue but, rather, is one of beliefs:

conviction
kənˈvɪkʃ(ə;)n/

noun: conviction; plural noun: convictions

1. a formal declaration by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law that someone is guilty of a criminal offence.
"she had a previous conviction for a similar offence"
synonyms: declaration/pronouncement of guilt, sentence, judgement More
"she will appeal against her conviction"
antonyms: acquittal

2. a firmly held belief or opinion.
"she takes pride in stating her political convictions"
synonyms: belief, opinion, view, thought, persuasion, idea, position, stance;
(article of) faith, credo, creed, tenet, dogma
"his deeply held political and religious convictions"
the quality of showing that one is firmly convinced of what one believes or says.
"she had been speaking for some five minutes with force and conviction"
synonyms: certainty, certitude, assurance, confidence, sureness, positiveness; More
no shadow of a doubt
"she spoke with conviction"
antonyms: uncertainty, doubt

You assert your entitlement to voice your opinions and have clearly presented them as hateful judgements against others. You have ridiculed, insulted, and proudly attacked those of a different "persuasion" than folks of your ilk. The proof you seek is in your posts....just read them.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 12:01 PM

Piranhas are not eaten ,as far as I know.

Welcome back Rick! If you send me pics, I will happily post them for you!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Just as we have compassion for the other sexual preferences such as LGBT, we also must remember that Dennis has his own demons to deal with and has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder that he has freely admitted here on this board. Since I have seen him be supportive of gays, one can speculate that because of the holidays, Dennis is going through something we can only read about in textbooks. Just as he can be up and positive, funny and witty, he has his dark days and it may come across as mean and spiteful but it can be depression and darkness. We all have up and down days but a person with bipolar disorder has extreme lows and extreme highs. And so, as we support Dennis here and enjoy his entertainment on his "good" days, we need to understand that he has very "bad" days as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Dennis,
You have not been convicted by anyone but yourself. Your opinions expressed are your :"convictions" that you proudly stand behind/in front of. It is not a legal issue but, rather, is one of beliefs:

Good Doctor,

I appreciate your sharing with us your knowledge about how mood can affect our experience of the world and our communication with others.

You wrote "Just as we have compassion for the other sexual preferences such as LGBT".

Your comment expresses the very reason why I am engaged in public education about the Complexity of Gender. I appreciate your compassion and believe that we all should have more of that!

You state that LGBT is a "preference". In doing so you demonstrate a lack of perspective that is endemic in the Health, Mental Health and General Public as to the etiology of Gender. In my Professional education and training no one put this together for me either. You are not alone. I am not critical of you, it is just clear to me that, like most of us in the helping professions, we have not been exposed to an integration in our understanding of the biological underpinnings of gender.

The classic Nature/Nurture debate has three basic branches; Cultural/Religious, Psychological and Biological.

Cultural/Religious and Psychological perspectives have had the main stage through out history.

From your medical experience I think that you would agree that human beings are not homogenous. There is tremendous diversity built into our biology. Our skin colors are not the same, we have different pigmentation. Our hormones are not the same, you test for them in certain cases. Our genitals are not all the same, you have seen this with your own eyes. Our internal organs are not all the same, you have also seen this with your own eyes. Our genotypic composition is not the same. We know that there are "male" and "female" brains. We also know that there are large variations in the various structures that make up "male" and "female" brains.

From a Biological perspective the first month of our gestation we are all female. It is only after androgenization by testosterone, the precursors of which are found in the Y chromosome, that our external and internal sex organs and brains differentiate, out of the same tissues, into a spectrum of male/female brains, external and internal sex organs.

I think that the implications of this are significant when discussing Gender. Again I am happy to present in depth on this topic to any group that may have interest in learning more about this fascinating subject.

Iflyfishwithpetridishes
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 12:45 PM

I wish you all a happy Sun Day.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 01:19 PM

Thanks Blanca....pics on way....happy Sun Day to you too!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 01:50 PM

Fly Fish, my father was a very macho New Yorker. Yet, working in the restaurant field, he met many gay waiters. And he told me that he felt that being gay was not a choice, it was a biological assignment. I agree with that, if you have read my previous comments, that many factors make the determination of male or female, or a little of both. Everyone also has a sexual "preference", would you agree? I am talking about their psychological sexual desire, when I state preference. I am not saying they can make themselves decide what they want, or "prefer" their sexuality. I agree that many factors make up a person's sexuality. Of course, there probably are cases of abused men and women by the opposite sex that may make them hate anyone of that sex and cause them to be homosexual. But I don't agree with that being the norm. In fact, many gays agonize over coming out of the closet, but cannot bring themselves to change their sexuality to adhere to the "norm" or "heterosexual" lifestyle, nor should they have to. Simply because they are not heterosexual.

Let's all be understanding and have compassion for others that do not follow the "norm", whether it be sexually, mentally or physically. We all have that frightened child inside of us no matter how old we are, and because we are adults we sometimes try to hide it, and in doing so, we come off cruel and hurtful.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
Fly Fish, my father was a very macho New Yorker. Yet, working in the restaurant field, he met many gay waiters. And he told me that he felt that being gay was not a choice, it was a biological assignment. I agree with that, if you have read my previous comments, that many factors make the determination of male or female, or a little of both. Everyone also has a sexual "preference", would you agree? I am talking about their psychological sexual desire, when I state preference. I am not saying they can make themselves decide what they want, or "prefer" their sexuality. I agree that many factors make up a person's sexuality. Of course, there probably are cases of abused men and women by the opposite sex that may make them hate anyone of that sex and cause them to be homosexual. But I don't agree with that being the norm. In fact, many gays agonize over coming out of the closet, but cannot bring themselves to change their sexuality to adhere to the "norm" or "heterosexual" lifestyle, nor should they have to. Simply because they are not heterosexual.

Let's all be understanding and have compassion for others that do not follow the "norm", whether it be sexually, mentally or physically. We all have that frightened child inside of us no matter how old we are, and because we are adults we sometimes try to hide it, and in doing so, we come off cruel and hurtful.

I appreciate your clarification.

"Everyone also has a sexual "preference", would you agree?"

We may choose the "object of our desire" which one can call preference if this is what you are talking about. I do believe, as I gather that you do too, that LBGTQ gender attributes, or self identification are highly influenced by biology and not "choice" as proposed by many Religions and historically by Psychology. This is where the terms preference and choice can confuse and compound the issue. Sex and Gender are in my view highly influenced if not determined by biology.

I appreciate this dialogue, one that needs to happen more in the fields of Health, Mental Health and Education.

Iflyfishconmiphysicianamagas
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Fly Fish, my father was a very macho New Yorker. Yet, working in the restaurant field, he met many gay waiters.

What were they waiting for? Alimony? :lol:

Ohhh well...eventually, I suppose. That's a good thing.
But, it occurs to me here that the gay faction lobbyists don't have to circle their wagons for the ensuing fight for fiscal rights. They have the straight community to fight for them...kinda like the "Gay Foreign Legion."

It's all good. I never said it wasn't.

I'm still waiting for Pierre and Gaston to point out my comments of generalized gay hatred which proves, or even indicates I'm a gay hater. They seem to have trouble finding those.
Keep looking, militaires.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
I also recognize that homophobia, like all phobias, is a disorder, and some folks absolutely freak out if they accidentally walk into a spider's web.

OK...Gooody...show all of us when and where I was homophobic?
Was it when I said I repel from homo activity in public [ I did include all inappropriate activity by all people by the way] in front of families at a pride parade...or was it when I said the freak show RuPaul production made me want to throw up in my lap?

You, mr. tolerant, are a fraud. A NIMBY fraud.

Don't ever preach morality to me. You aren't qualified, in spite of how many cross-dressers or transgenders you know from a loooong distance.

I don't hate anybody for anything [ well...maybe some liberals] and I sure as *** don't hate gays. Why would I?

What I repel from is the gays who feel they have to assert themselves publically in order to validate themselves only because they're gay.
I don't need to know...and more importantly, I don't need to care, especialley if I'm being told I have to.

Sooo, Perry....you do, think and feel what the *** you want to do, but please....please don't tell me...ever...what I should think and feel.

My thoughts throughout this thread have, in my opinion, been reasonable to an open mind, unlike yours and your p-nut gallery, ateo.

This is Rick's thread, and for that I apologize to him....but not to you. Go *** yourself for your heavy-handed rendition of free speech.

I reiterate this request:

"OK...Gooody...show all of us when and where I was homophobic?"

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 05:53 PM

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). It can be expressed as antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, or hatred, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.
- Internet

Dennis,

I think your posts would qualify as having negative attitudes and feelings towards gays.

This is getting boring. I hope we can move on to more important things like what tire is best for Baja, what time does the tourist card office open at the border, and which Baja gas station rips you off the least.

Sorry Iflyfish for contaminating your thread. I'm done.

:tumble:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:03 PM

"Dennis,

I think your posts would qualify as having negative attitudes and feelings towards gays."

You're kidding, right?????? So, not liking people fragrantly exposing themselves in public for some apparent imagined effect is "homophobic"??? Wow, that is something!!!!! (and REALLY all emcompassing)

My Conclusions: We are ALL "homophobic"!!!!! in one way or another.

Barry
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:20 PM

Wow Barry what scent are you talking about? Fragrantly??? or is it flagrantly?? A rose is a rose is a rose...
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Wow Barry what scent are you talking about? Fragrantly??? or is it flagrantly?? A rose is a rose is a rose...

Oooooops!!! :lol::lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.