Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Health Emergency "Stabilize Then Head For The USA"
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
David just called me and he is by Costco in Tijuana. I heard the ambulance sirens in the background and I guess BajaCactus will be transferring him to the US ambulance and David said he will be requesting to go to Sharp. He sounds a little weak and tired but much better I imagine than if he went directly on the bus. Evidently BajaCactus runs a bona fide ambulance service. They stopped in San Quintin for some reason but the doctors told him to keep going to the border.

So good to hear he made it and really happy he ended up with the ambulance. There was someone willing to drive to BA to get him if it would have been necessary. I am just happy he was able to make it to Vizcaino and catch the the bus so was able to get to El Rosario.

[Edited on 12-31-2013 by DianaT]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 08:36 AM

I just contacted Minerva at Sharp International Services and she said it's up to 911 now and he will be taken to whatever hospital is on call when they call 911 at the border. I guess all they do is arrange ambulance service to the border and in this case it has already been done. I was under the impression they would notify the ER etc.

Here is the number I got off the Internet:

Contact Sharp HealthCare's International Patient Services
Sharp offers emergency medical evacuation should you become ill or injured while traveling abroad. Contact our liaisons toll-free:
From the United States, call 1-888-265-1513
From outside the United States, call 001-888-265-1513
Locations of International Patient Services in San Diego
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 09:37 AM

Dec 31st, 2013 / 7:29am... After a 6 hour drive (we stopped at a Hospital in Col. Guerrero for David to be checked by a doctor), Isela and I just delivered David to an ambulance in the US side. He was fatigued but calmed and relaxed.

About Isela and myself... Well, we are tired but happy to be of help... Now to drive another 5 hours back to the Desert's Hawk nest in El Rosario and have the emergency services ready for tonight.

Desert Hawks... Always ready to help our friends and community... And as we just witnessed, if we support each other... Together we can saves lives!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

[Edited on 1-1-2014 by BajaCactus]

IMG-20131231-00884.jpg - 36kB

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 09:39 AM

Thank you Antonio... very nice to help Dah-veed that way!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 10:37 AM

Mil Gracias Seņor Antonio, God will repay you with many grand children.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 11:33 AM

you folks surely can be fantastic!
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 11:35 AM
thank you Antonio!

A long bus ride in pain sounded dreadful. You are generous to provide assistance and get him to medical help, comfortably and safely, ASAP.

Many thanks to you, and good to know you offer this service.

Can you post your business contact Information so we can have it in case of future situations, to share as needed? (if this has been done... pardon the duplicate request)

Again, many thanks.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 11:54 AM

What a fantastic volunteer response team! Great joss to all involved!
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 12:04 PM

A big thanks of gratitude, Antonio and Isela and Desert Hawk ambulance team.

Well done!

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 12:41 PM

Desert Hawk ambulance. A truly great and humanitarian contribution to the Baja Road. Exactly what I would expect from a gentleman like Antonio. Many thanks to you, your wife, and the team.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 01:00 PM
Donation

Antonio

Thank you for your service!!!

I would like to make a financial contribution to your organization.

Where can I send the donation??

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Can you post the ambulance info here Antonio? quote]Originally posted by BajaCactus
Dec 31st, 2013 / 7:29am... After a 6 hour drive (we stopped at a Hospital in Col. Guerrero for David to be checked by a doctor), Isela and I just delivered David to an ambulance in the US side. He was fatigued but calmed and relaxed.

About Isela and myself... Well, we are tired but happy to be of help... Now to drive another 5 hours back to the Desert's Hawk nest in El Rosario and have the emergency services ready for tonight.

Desert Hawks... Always ready to help our friends and community... And we just witnessed: Together we can saves lives!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 12-31-2013 at 02:40 PM

How wonderful that Paranewbie and Antonio were able to help. A big thank you to Antonio for getting David to the border by ambulance, and to you, Paranewbie, for your willingness to assist David.

Antonio has always been of service to those in need. He was a great help to me several years ago when I was very sick at The Baja Cactus after eating crab burritos at you-know-where.

It has been a couple years since I have seen him but I always try to see him, if he is in El Rosario, when I am there. El es Un Gran Caballero con corazon muy grande!

Happy New Year to David, Paranewbie, Antonio, and while I am at it, Happy New Year to all you Nomads!

Tony

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 02:48 PM
Antonio

Kudos and thanks..any where we/I can find info on your services ??? and donatations ?? K&T:cool:
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 03:44 PM

Desert Hawks...Antonio M....Paranewbie...and everyone else involved...this was a great effort to get David to where he needed to be, and was awesome to watch unfold from my side of the screen! What a wonderful group of people, and best of luck to David!! May he be well soon!
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 03:49 PM

What a team. Thanks to all involved.It makes me happy and proud that the nomads pulled together when needed. Fantastic people. Good luck David keep us posted,k:tumble::yes::bounce:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 03:59 PM

So, where did he end up?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 07:24 PM

Oh my gosh..... Da veed! Now you are on good hands and hopefully will be fine. Soon.

I wish I had seen this earlier.

Amazing how everyone helped, sounds like David E really needed mucho TLC and urgently!

Get better soon buddy, we want some of those amazing pickles you make (((:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 08:12 PM

Hi all...
Just dropped David off at the motel 6 after Dinner at Dennys'. It was a long day in the Sharp Chula Vista ER, then two community clinics for further assistance in obtaining items David needed. I'll leave it up to David to give you his take and particulars.
I'll be seeing him at 8am tomorrow to run some errands he needs to accomplish and then I think he is headed home. He is a strong man and kept up fun spirits through the whole thing. My analysis isn't worth a dime but I'm sure some of the humor was born on some of those things they injected in him!
Once again, Antonio and crew, awesome job!
What a last day of the year!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-31-2013 at 08:35 PM

OK good I called him and chatted with him as well a little bit but don't know how much he wants to be made public but he's doing much better and might be well enough to go home in a few days from what he tells me. Tell him his phone was busy later on so I couldn't get back to him but that I am glad you are following up with him.
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.