BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Any musicians on this forum?
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 09:00 AM

There are a lot of musicians on here that are based in the San Diego area. I'm surprised no one has made connections for at least a jam session. This Sunday I will be playing in a three piece featuring Bill Ray on drums (ex drummer for Ike Turner), Les Allen on guitar and myself on bass. We will be playing, unrehearsed, from 2pm till 5pm at a little bar in Fallbrook called Ron's Redeye Saloon. Anyone that can make it should cruise up. We'll be playing a vaiety of blues, country and rock. Hope to see you there!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob53
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert

Used to go to Bakersfield to hear Rose Maddox. My stepsister was (is?) Lavern Yoakam, a? relative of Dwight and was (is?) married to Bob Peters (Little Bo Pete) a steel player with Johnny Paycheck.

I just did a gig a couple weeks ago with a Dwight Yoakam tribute band. It was pretty fun.

How long have you been in Fallbrook? I used to live on Santa Margarita before I got divorced and moved to Baja.

Bob Durrell
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob53
Quote:

Used to go to Bakersfield to hear Rose Maddox. My stepsister was (is?) Lavern Yoakam, a? relative of Dwight and was (is?) married to Bob Peters (Little Bo Pete) a steel player with Johnny Paycheck.

I just did a gig a couple weeks ago with a Dwight Yoakam tribute band. It was pretty fun.

How long have you been in Fallbrook? I used to live on Santa Margarita before I got divorced and moved to Baja.

I just moved to Fallbrook last November. Before that, I lived in Valley Center for 24 years.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 05:01 PM

great topic...I play a bit of keyboards, violin, drum, but spoons are my favorite!
My husband is a gifted musician with a band that many Nomads have heard.

There is a really cool mini drum set that they have here called Tarola that is a compact snare drum with a cymbal and cow bell that is very versatile and fun to play.

A couple months ago we had a great party with some folks at our campground and a fellow had these awesome travel bagpipes!!!!! and Doug in the next camper is a talented penny whistle player...it was so cool to see them jamming with other guests who were rasta Huichol indian drummers!!!! I so love when all types of musicians get together!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 05:04 PM

Guitar and fiddle.......

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 01:46 PM

Some ideas for gettin started-----

http://www.youtube.com/embed/96I_UrTOZF0

Barry
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 11:12 AM

hahahaha nice!
baconjr
Nomad

Mood: Es la vida de perro!

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 09:43 PM
Banjo

I have been playing the banjo for almost 50 years.Penned a song and wrote the music for "The Dogs of Tijuana" Award winning video 2nd place Del Mar Fair. What part of Baja are you located?
Quote:
Originally posted by islandhop
I've been taking and playing my Banjo to Baja for decades. One of many of my favorite things to do in Baja and life is being in remote Baja is learning new songs and playing my favorites. Recently we put our instruments on donkeys and went on multi day trips in the mountains and played ranchero music with the guides. They haven't ever seen a banjo. I'm headed down soon with the 5 string.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.