BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Added What PayPal has Done So Far!
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 09:13 AM

Good Morning Nomads, I took a 2 week trip to Oregon to see my Momma, stopped at Grandpas on the way home, and here they came with canes, walkers, and wheel chairs, the Biggest Smiles I've ever seen to Welcome me home!!! This is Why I do this, So Much Love!!!
Since I've been back they are so Happy!! It is such a Blessing to know you are Loved Unconditionaly, and to be a part of such an Amazing Family!!
We All Thank you so much for your continued Support!!
You have made such a Positive impact on these Mens Lives, who just 1 year ago were malnurished, sick, and sitting in chairs waiting to die!! Now when they get up each day they have Hope!!
From the bottom of Our Hearts, We are Forever Grateful, Love, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 09:13 AM

Good Morning Nomads, I took a 2 week trip to Oregon to see my Momma, stopped at Grandpas on the way home, and here they came with canes, walkers, and wheel chairs, the Biggest Smiles I've ever seen to Welcome me home!!! This is Why I do this, So Much Love!!!
Since I've been back they are so Happy!! It is such a Blessing to know you are Loved Unconditionaly, and to be a part of such an Amazing Family!!
We All Thank you so much for your continued Support!!
You have made such a Positive impact on these Mens Lives, who just 1 year ago were malnurished, sick, and sitting in chairs waiting to die!! Now when they get up each day they have Hope!!
From the bottom of Our Hearts, We are Forever Grateful, Love, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 05:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare for a charitable contribution where even a small donation makes a big difference (see above posts):

paypal money to: freelandib222@live.com

http://www.paypal.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-Hogar-del-Ancianos/77876...

[Edited on 9-1-2015 by SFandH]

Thank you for keeping this alive as the the needs will never end. I have fallen behind with being gone for several weeks, but I have watched the wonderful photos of more and more good things happening with Penny's grandpas --- all on their facebook page.

But this is my favorite as since the van has been repaired, they are able to be out more and what could be better than a walk on the beach by the shipwreck for their mental and physical health and their spirits.

I wish someone had taken a picture of the grandpas greeting Penny, their guardian angel after she had been gone for a couple of weeks.

What a difference a year has made and many of you just keep making it better.

I really hope all of you who stop by will be able to meet Penny --- she is a very special woman and a very special friend. ---

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by DianaT]

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 05:20 PM

JBCOUG, I still can't open u2u. Please contact me on Facebook or my email address freelandib222@live.com
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 05:33 PM

Some members of this forum have really adopted this project with regular and repeat donations which has really accelerated so many improvements.

If you have not already seen this on facebook, IMHO, this is so great --- walkways around the home that will make it easier and safer for the grandpas.

And in the last picture, look at what they etched into the cement! Penny says she is very honored --- I say it is so well deserved! :bounce:

EVERY donation is very appreciated. And Penny will kill me for this, but please don't forget the caregivers unless she thinks I am only talking about Juan. :saint:

BTW--- Penny has explained to me what is happening when she tries to get into the U2Us, but I really need to see it and will. Thus meantime, she will not receive U2Us ---- but does get messages via e-mail and messages on her personal facebook page or through messages in the Home's facebook.

[Edited on 9-3-2015 by DianaT]

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2015 at 08:49 AM
Old Guys Rule!

It's a new month. If you have a few bucks to spare for a charitable contribution where even a small donation makes a big difference (see above posts):

Thought I'd give this a bump, see above.

These old guys need hearing aids:

[Edited on 9-5-2015 by SFandH]

[Edited on 9-5-2015 by SFandH]
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2015 at 01:29 PM

THANK YOU SFand H.
Juan is gone to Ensenada for 4 days on a MUCH needed Get Away. SO....The Grandpas and I are having a No Rules week!! Lol! Cake, Ice cream, Cookies, and Movie Day!! Today we are watching Movies and eating Junk Food!! Juan will be back Monday so we have to eat all the evidence!! Tommorrow we get back on track.... Healthy Food, Excercise, and Rules!!
These are some Happy, Sugared- Out Grandpas!!
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2015 at 03:46 PM

Hello Nomads,
It has been a Great month for us at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, we have been cleaning up garden area, finishing stucco, and had 2 Birthdays this month!! Aldolfo turned 75 and Alejandro turned 82!! We had cake and ice cream for both days!! Yahoo! But with Juan returning from his 4 day vacation it has been Healthy Diets, and Excercise for us All!! We are saving our paypal donations in hopes of building a cover over front porch!! The men Love sitting out front but during summer months its too hot and during winter its too rainy!! We are close Thanks to All of you!! This year I'm buying small candies for Halloween so the Kids from the Ejido San Jacinto can come by and say Hello!! I know the Grandpas are going to Enjoy that!! Please be Safe, Happy, and Adventurous, as time is Precious, Forever in Our Hearts, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2015 at 03:48 PM

Hello Nomads,
It has been a Great month for us at Casa Hogar del Ancianos, we have been cleaning up garden area, finishing stucco, and had 2 Birthdays this month!! Aldolfo turned 75 and Alejandro turned 82!! We had cake and ice cream for both days!! Yahoo! But with Juan returning from his 4 day vacation it has been Healthy Diets, and Excercise for us All!! We are saving our paypal donations in hopes of building a cover over front porch!! The men Love sitting out front but during summer months its too hot and during winter its too rainy!! We are close Thanks to All of you!! This year I'm buying small candies for Halloween so the Kids from the Ejido San Jacinto can come by and say Hello!! I know the Grandpas are going to Enjoy that!! Please be Safe, Happy, and Adventurous, as time is Precious, Forever in Our Hearts, Penny, Juan, and the Grandpas
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2015 at 04:41 PM

Penny, thanks for the update. Aldolfo, Alejandro and the rest of the guys need to have a shady, dry porch so they can watch the girls go by.

I'll be happy to pitch in.

You do wonderful work. Thanks for caring.

[Edited on 10-1-2015 by SFandH]

penny.jpg - 59kB
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 04:41 PM

A first of the month bump for a simple, heartfelt, and very much needed baja charity. Give what you can. Help out the old guys.

See photos in previous posts.

Penny, thanks for the update. Aldolfo, Alejandro and the rest of the guys need to have a shady, dry porch so they can watch the girls go by.

I'll be happy to pitch in.

You do wonderful work. Thanks for caring.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2015 at 06:14 PM

Bump for Penny and the Abuelos ...
Penny dear plz check your email:D

Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2015 at 09:10 AM

:bounce: Hello Nomads, I just returned from Oregon on a trip to see my Momma!
She has been quite sick, but was doing better whn I left!! Returned to find Nappo in the driveway and discovered that Ron Lister had been there the week before!! The Grandpas were so excited once again to see me and to get Warm Clothes and Great food and supplies! We are gearing up for Winter, and have decided to put Patio Cover off until Spring and work on getting weatherized! We have some issues with the house leaking Cold air, once that is taken care of we will be buying Heaters!! Each winter I lose at least one Grandpa to Cold or Flu, so this year I have vowed to keep them All warm and Healthy!! We couldn't do any of this without YOU!! We are so Grateful for Everything you do for us! With Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2015 at 09:12 AM

:bounce: Hello Nomads, I just returned from Oregon on a trip to see my Momma!
She has been quite sick, but was doing better whn I left!! Returned to find Nappo in the driveway and discovered that Ron Lister had been there the week before!! The Grandpas were so excited once again to see me and to get Warm Clothes and Great food and supplies! We are gearing up for Winter, and have decided to put Patio Cover off until Spring and work on getting weatherized! We have some issues with the house leaking Cold air, once that is taken care of we will be buying Heaters!! Each winter I lose at least one Grandpa to Cold or Flu, so this year I have vowed to keep them All warm and Healthy!! We couldn't do any of this without YOU!! We are so Grateful for Everything you do for us! With Love and Gratitude, Penny and the Grandpas
Penny F.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 01:58 PM

Hi Everyone, Could someone PLEASE explain to me why my posts keep going up twice?? Living the Life of Computer Illiteracy!! Penny F.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2015 at 02:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Penny F.  
Hi Everyone, Could someone PLEASE explain to me why my posts keep going up twice?? Living the Life of Computer Illiteracy!! Penny F.

They post twice because you are so special! :biggrin:

Nappo just keeps showing up and that is a VERY good thing.

And those of you who donate on a regular basis are making so much possible!

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2015 at 03:31 PM

Penny!! Angel on Earth for the Abulos :bounce: God Bless All of You!! Ginormous Hugz, Lori

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2015 at 02:58 PM

Must say Penny is a big WOW,, what a heart

it no wonder that the grandpa's love her so much

:saint::saint::saint:
Nappo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2015 at 10:34 PM

Credit Greg from Oregon for a lot of the clothes, Stan from Manhattan Beach for the Depends. Greg and I were headed to Bahia Asuncion where we had a great time with Shari and Juan. Fishing was great (due to the karma we get on dropping food, blankets, clothes, cleaning supplies off at the grandpas) and so on the way home, we stopped off and passed off some of our bounty - some beautiful yellowfin tuna!. We saw some of our friends wearing the warm clothes we brought down, and thus our trip to Baja was complete as our hearts were warmed knowing what good so little can do. Bless Penny and Juan ! Please stop by on going south. Their home is literally 3 minutes off of highway 1. The feeling you will have after leaving is something I can not put into words!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2015 at 09:44 AM

I bet that fish was consumed with great enjoyment and it certainly adds a lot toward a healthful diet. Yes, it is a great place to share some of your bounty. :yes:

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.