Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2007 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
If you live in Loreto, youprobably shouldn't have a lawn to mow

Gee whiz....
There you go again, taking me literaly.
OK. Let me put it this way.
If you have property in Loreto that doesn't fit into the development plan...........Get out.
You can't beat them. They will buy your misery and serve it to you on a plate of humiliation.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 6-15-2007 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
You can't beat them. They will buy your misery and serve it to you on a plate of humiliation.

resistance is futile, you too shall be assimilated

Where's the Captain Petard in you?

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-15-2007 at 07:30 PM

who wood (pardon the pun) of thunk?

http://whois.domaintools.com/gayloretobay.com

tuna stick
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2007 at 11:57 PM

Loreto Bay and our water problem. Possible, Algore Inc. could sell them some "Hydro Credits"!
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 6-17-2007 at 10:42 AM

Let ME put it this way, Dennis: I DON'T THINK SO !

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

OK. Let me put it this way.
If you have property in Loreto that doesn't fit into the development plan...........Get out.

[Edited on 6-17-2007 by djh]

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
bancoduo
Banned

lol.gif posted on 6-18-2007 at 07:30 PM
WHATS THE BEEF!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages_of_Loreto_Bay
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 08:00 AM
opportunity to balance the BS....

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Villages_of_Loreto_Bay

At that Widipedia page, there are links to edit, and to dispute and to discuss. Someone has added a bit of balance with the following: (I encourage you to do the same :-) !

(from the "discussion link")

"This is a sales pitch, not encyclopedic information
The Loreto region has a population of approx. 15,000. This population is insufficient to support a development the size of Loreto Bay. Estimates are that for each unit in the Loreto Bay development, from 10 to 20 Mexican citizens from other states will move to Loreto. When one factors in these additional 60,000 to 120,000 people, all of the "sustainability" numbers fail to add up: these new residents will not be driving electric cars and using solar heated water. They will create huge demands for infrastructure and resources, especially water, sewer and power, that will dwarf the alleged or planned sustainability features of the Loreto Bay development.

Water: There are NO current plans or permit applications for water development by Loreto Bay. Currently Loreto Bay is receiving its water from the San Juan aquifer north of Loreto-the same aquifer that supplies Loreto's water needs. Estimates are that that source could by gone in just a few years. The Mexican government has rejected that study and commissioned its own study, which has been finished. However, that study has not been made public. Yet in recent weeks the city has imposed restrictions on water use: no watering between 6am and7 pm, no watering streets for dust abatement, and car washing from buckets only. Major streets have been torn up to replace pipes. But Loreto Bay is not subject to these restrictions, and they have stated that they have the rights to use whatever water they want, for as long as they want it, from the San Juan aquifer.

Automobiles: The development has eliminated most of the expenses of streets, and is selling units without parking, in the guise of "sustainability." The reality is dense housing development south of the city, bringing Loreto urban sprawl and highway rush hour traffic over a very narrow highway with poor lines of sight. This has become one of the peninsula's most dangerous stretches of highway.

Social changes: More traffic. Longer lines at the clinics. Higher prices for almost everything. Crime, especially burglary and theft, has exploded.

Here is a link to information on the possible impacts of developments planned for the Loreto area, information generated by several participating US and Mexican universities:

http://www.futurosalternativosloreto.org/ "

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 02:06 PM

Oh yes burglary, there is an increase, also one of our favorite things, GRAFITTI. Pobre Loreto.....
kellychapman
Nomad

Mood: heavenly

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 02:38 PM
paranoid.....

Quote:
Originally posted by jerry
dont worry dave old hippy is paranoid from smoking too much (lets say stuff) perhaps trying to remake a name for the life he missed
putting his own spin on the truth to match his facts

it does not take a lifetime of smoking the green bud to be paranoid over LB.......in fact they make me want to indulge due to the high stress level over what they are doing south of my place.....I cannot stand the rape & pilaging (did I spell that right?) the are doing to Nopolo...makes me sick...
I am now in Boulder City Nevada (for a short time)and went down to the Lake and almost fainted.....the water table is so low that the mud is a good 30 ft before you get to the water......the fringin' lake is dissapearing.....and it made me think that the water is also going to be gone in Loreto with what is going on......then what will happen???? no place to run anymore I am afraid where they do not catch up with you and drain all the natural resources away......:no:
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 02:49 PM

djh,

thank you for posting the revised wiki edits. I did some revisions too but they weren't as good as these.

regarding baja girl's url's we can use them and other URL's which will point to websites that will educate the public on what is going on here both in spanish and in english. this is very important for the future of Loreto, if we are to have a future, and it is not political as caring individuals will simply be educating the public on the issues that the public can weigh out and make their own decisions with.

frightening information for all the citizens of Loreto
amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 04:19 PM
The Developers Are Also On The Move...

I talked to my wife yesterday on the phone, she is in Eugene, Oregon, that is about 2,000 miles north of Loreto Bay. She said she found a brochure and a DVD hanging from the front door doorknob. The whole neighborhood was thus blanketed with these promotional materials. The glossy, full-color brochure was called "Discover the Magic of Loreto Bay" and instructs to look at the 12 minute DVD to find out about all the wonderful and magicall opportunities of owning a piece of Loreto Bay.

What we thought was interesting is that they are targeting Eugene! And they are not using the Post Office, they are hand-delivering them. If they are spending so much money in little Eugene, we can't imagine how much they are spending to promote their magic all over...

--Amir
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 04:53 PM

if they are spending so much money doing that then the money will run dry at some point. they're probably having students do it, easy to do fairly cheap too but mailing would be so much cheaper.

once newcomers come to Loreto it will be easy for us to target them so they can see the truth, much less costly then leafleting all over the usa and canada
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by amir

What we thought was interesting is that they are targeting Eugene! And they are not using the Post Office, they are hand-delivering them. If they are spending so much money in little Eugene, we can't imagine how much they are spending to promote their magic all over...

--Amir

Eugene is within a day of Loreto, and is served by Alaska Air (through its regional carrier Horizon Air). Rumor has it that in return for Alaska's service to Loreto, LB has made arrangements or guarantees with Alaska, so cities served by Alaska get extra publicity.

Little Eugene? How come I keep gettin lost there?:lol:

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2007 at 08:49 PM

lots of greeny in eugene thats why there targeting it liberal as hell (sheer the flock)

jerry and judi
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 06:29 AM

The eco-golf course may or may not go over well with the people of Eugene. You would think that it would because of the greenwash propaganda but perhaps the green party in Eugene is sophisticated enough to see through it. Remember, Loreto Bay fundamentally makes no sense. No development is more eco-friendly than nature herself.

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 06:40 AM

Thanks for the Eugene tip though. I'll find some Eugene based message boards to negate the propaganda machine. You just need to plant a seed of doubt.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 08:39 AM

Or a packet to the Eugene newspaper with the TRUTH. Maybe Seattle too. Alaska A. hub.
Baja_Girl
Nomad

Mood: suavidad

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 09:02 AM

I have one of my sisters, the web-designer, coming to CA on July 1st to look at this with me - the irony of a golf course in a little publeo with water-rationing laws...:fire:

anyway, I look forward to putting together a fair presentation of loreto bay company - I will be in Loreto on July 10th - 15th...taking photos of the streets of LBC vs. the street in front of Pam's little shop, for example...

more later,
lisa marie
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 09:16 AM

There probably are some very environmentally minded writers at the Eugene Register-Guard.

http://www.registerguard.com/

Team them up with Sanda Dibble of the San Diego Union to give them a leg up. If she hasn't been bought off yet.

And the University! Oh this going to be fun!!

http://www.dailyemerald.com/

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2007 at 09:25 AM

Lisa Marie, you're not......no, forget it.

I'll put together an essay for you to edit and post on your website. I'll do it in html complete with hyperlinked references.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.