Author: Subject: San Ignacio Lagoon
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-28-2007 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
"good roads (devils work)"???? Oh my David K....I wish many of you Nomads would POR FAVOR just for one minuto think about the poor local mexicanos who live in the remote villages who spend all their meagre income on tires and fixing their cars due to crappy washboard...I doubt even one of these locals would advocate the devil has something to do with improving the roads. I would love you to come and see the smiles of relief and hearty aplause when the government announces road paving into here. These villages NEED better roads to improve their standard of living...to reduce the costs of transportation....heck we don't even have a bus service linking us to the highway because of the bad road. The coops will be able to get their product to market more efficiently and the economy will improve much to the delight of all this God loving community. The coastal fish camps are ecstactic about the road improvements...the devil works in mysterious ways for sure...lbut I doubt has a hand in road improvements!

Shari... graded roads (washboard) are about as evil as paved roads... It is the deep pair of ruts that crossed the Baja deserts BEFORE graders and asphalt that I speak of.

I also know that a population needs good roads for their needs and business. I was refering to remote locations.

My references to dirt roads were in regards to 'preserving Baja' from development... What the surfers need to fear is the road graders and pavers that are advancing in the Seven Sisters area...

To those that don't even want to see 4WD vehicles camping in the back country... Shame on you! You want to deny the beauty of Baja from the old, young, handicapped, everyone except the most healthy backpacker types (who don't ever go on foot to the places we do). It's not your country... Your type has already closed too much PUBLIC lands from the PUBLIC in this country. See Barry's posts.

Understand that man is just as natural part of this planet as the animals...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-28-2007 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cardonhugger
Quote:
Originally posted by Slowmad
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
What do want to protect the lagoon from?

Instead of browbeating a girl, if you're sincerely interested why don't you educate yourself?
You like to trumpet your 42-year history and vast well of Baja knowledge (cough), but most often you blather on like a dumb Okie awash in a sea of exclamation points and pee-poor grammar.

Before you weigh in on whale propogation dynamics pre- and post-saltworks at GN, or hold some earnest young woman's feet to the fire, you might want to raise your Baja IQ to at least the 7th grade level.
Maybe start with the Journal from the Ocean Bird (by a cat named Scammon), then wrap with Saving the Gray Whale (Dedina).

Until then (as with most topics on this board you feel compelled to bloviate on) do us a favor and STFU.

[Edited on 8-28-2007 by Slowmad]

No.......HERE'S the post of the past FIVE years............

HANDS DOWN..................

Agreed! How a such a simple and easy question can be called browbeating... That's hilarious!!!:lol::lol::lol:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2007 at 10:20 PM

David,

You really don''t understand---that is something we have both realized recently, and John decided to remove the Got Baja sticker from our truck.

Oh yes, man is just as natural part of this planet as the animals because man IS an animal, just far more capable of massive destruction.

Diane and John

HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 06:33 AM

I have a question, maybe you can help. I have spent most of my life in awe of all this stuff - which should be very important to everyone. Unfortunately I am no longer living where I can see this stuff every day and I miss it. I am exhausted and don't have time to tell you why this stuff is so important, but it is and you should know it. Anyone who doesn't think it is important is a bad person. So, does anyone know who is actively supporting protection of this stuff since I am not there any more to see it and am so exhausted.

Oh, and I am not a ******.

I need a tampon for this one...truly enlightening script here.

[Edited on 8-29-2007 by Hose A]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 07:07 AM

He is defending DK the best way he knows how.:fire:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 07:53 AM

You people are nuts... I just asked the person what SHE thinks the lagoon needs protection from.

John & Diane: You I really don't understand... removed a sticker you put on because why...? You don't 'got baja?' anymore??

If you are upset because we didn't visit you, I am sorry.... We were being guided around by Shari and didn't know where you lived even if we had some time for a visit. Nothing was meant to be disrespectful... We had a lot to try and see and Elizabeth and I do not show up at dinnertime unexpected... When we were done at San Roque, we were pretty hungry so Shari took us back to her place for some sushi and fish tacos. We left there at sundown.

I love Baja and think God gave it to us to improve our lives with what Baja offers. Those of you who think you are so much better that you can judge who or how we travel in Baja are pretty pathetic.

I show people what Baja has and if they can invest in a vehicle that is capable, leave a clean campsite so others may enjoy, then all the better. No secrets, no exclussions otherwise...

Chill... Baja Nomad is here to promote Baja travel and foster friendship among Baja loving people. Using Baja Nomad to tell others what they can't do in Baja (drive off road, pet a whale that comes to the boat, etc.) is not why Doug and others work so hard to keep this site here.

Have a nice day.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
You people are nuts... ..ur lives with what Baja offers. Those of you who think you are so much better that you can judge who or how we travel in Baja are pretty pathetic.

Chill... Baja Nomad is here to promote Baja travel and foster friendship among Baja loving people. Using Baja Nomad to tell others what they can't do in Baja (drive off road, pet a whale that comes to the boat, etc.) is not why Doug and others work so hard to keep this site here.

Have a nice day.

Obviously this only applies when posts fit your view of the world... just read the various posts...I guess fostering friendship only applies if you are not one of the "nuts")
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 08:45 AM

Jeeze ..... I thought we were all nuts. Of course when you cross the frontier in to the "States" you probable encounter more varieties. Don't go back is my thinking. I like this variety just fine.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 08:57 AM

For a bunch of folks espousing the laid-back, south of the border lifestyle, it sure seems like some of my fellow nomads are getting their panties in a wad mighty quick.:?::o:biggrin:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 09:19 AM

JDTrotter said-----"You really don''t understand---that is something we have both realized recently, and John decided to remove the Got Baja sticker from our truck."

Translation: I am picking up my marbles and going home.

:P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 09:20 AM

805Greg, Wiles was right it was a Pilot Whale, and if you watched that film as you state you did, you will remember that the woman involved stated that she felt that he was playing, and when he realized her distress quickly brought her to the surface.

Again, I ask, what is your question, and I have one. How much time have you spent educating yourself on whales? They are fasinating creatures and I think you might really enjoy getting to know them better.

To Cypress, YOU GO SIR! "panties in a wad" sheesh! Me thinks there has been some major mis-understanding going on since this thread started, everybody, take a deep breath, breath in, breath out. Okay, now RIP EACH OTHERS HEARTS OUT! :rolleyes:

Mean people suck!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 09:42 AM

Hotshott------

I have no idea what you said originally as it has been edited by the moderators, but your first paragraph is a classic translation of the original "safarigirl" post-------------I about fell off my chair in hysterics!!!

So, we don't ALL think that you are a "blight". :lol:

Since I consider myself a "conservationist", I am mystified (once again) at the hostility displayed by fellow conservationists/preservationists towards folks that simply ask questions, and have a slightly different point of view.

It is Amazing!!!! to me. :?:

[Edited on 8-29-2007 by Barry A.]
Slowmad
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 10:18 AM

Quote:
You people are nuts...
God gave it to us
Baja Nomad is here to promote Baja travel

Easy there, Tiny.
You work for Fonotur or something?
Your Pied Piper routine is an ego-based wank.
Is your keyboard all "I's"?

Nomad appears to be a clearing house for all sorts of Baja topics...promotion being the least of them.

The only requirement for love or chorizo is confidence.
HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 10:33 AM

Rhymes with wiener...and I guess it's a slur if you drool when you say it, but really what isn't racist any more? I shall inquire with my African American Frens an see what de says. Can anything be taken with a grain of salt any more? Oops I said salt - Sorry whale people - oops I said grain - sorry carnivores. Oops I said slur sorry harelips.

After reading five pages of this thread I really felt obligated to write something witty just to soak up some of the wine, but alas I have pricked some thin skin - that's what thorns do. Can I say prick?

Do people create new identities and post threads like this just to sit back and watch certain dynamic individuals chuck turd at each other. Methinks it is so...

What fitting blather for a 100th post. I need some frijoles.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Too funny...

A bunch of hippies are dictating how we can interact with nature!:lol::lol::lol:

Well now......there you have it. :(

The "detractor" mentality that I suspected in my post on the first page is toxic.....for the environment....and for him, who is part of the environment whether he likes it or not.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:42 PM

Quote:

A bunch of hippies are dictating how we can interact with nature!:lol::lol::lol:

DK, while you meant "hippie" as a slur, I take it with pride; however, if you need to grasp for old terminology, I'm more of an eco-beatnik (I do appreciate that you didn't try to slur us by calling us conservationists "conservatives"). :cool::cool:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 02:59 PM

Mr. Goat-----------

I am a "conservationist" and also "preservationist" and also a CONSERVATIVE--------------the three often go hand in hand, contrary to what you may be implying, or believe.

I believe that David was using the word "hippie" jokingly, not at a "slur"---------why is it that you would CHOOSE to interpret his meaning otherwise??

I guess I will have to spell it out that I am using the title "Mr. Goat" jokingly too, not as a slur. One certainly has to practice PC'ness to avoid criticism lately. :lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 03:22 PM

Barry

While Pescador told a very enlightening story, that I believe has application here, David chose to only focus on one of the groups in the story... thus the slur. Why not the nail lady?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 03:30 PM

rts551------

So, if David had made comments about ALL the different folks in Pescador's story, then things would have been all right???? No slur????

I am blown away!!!!! and hugely confused and dismayed.

I think the person that said, "you just don't get it" has it right---------I DON'T!!! It is like we are from different planets, or something, and our thought processes are different.

Barry
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 8-29-2007 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
So, we don't ALL think that you are a "blight".

"Every absurdity has a champion to defend it" - Oliver Goldsmith

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.