... bla bla bla ...

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Edited to clarify how I feel about capt.mike's attitude about Baja.

[Edited on 9-26-2007 by amir]
Gnome-ad
Nomad

Mood: Okey-Dokey

[*] posted on 9-26-2007 at 04:09 PM

Aye, aye, cap’n. What a load of crap. You really did show your true colors when you called Baja a “recreational zone”, makes me burn. What if some ferriner came and declared Mayberry a “recreational zone?” Andy’d be whistling with a different orifice. Baja Norte and Sur are NOT just recreational zones. People, real people of many types, live and work here and are deeply effected when people who don’t really care about the area come to just make a quick buck and move on.

Free enterprise ain’t free anymore than the promised free lunch. And I hope you’re talking about the current administration when you say “fascists.”

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. - Ancis
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2007 at 04:45 PM

Loretenos can control their own destiny. Market forces don't necessarily control what a community will look like.

The following is a link to a local event in my part of the world which demonstrates this. Thirty-six years ago the business owners of Half Moon Bay tried to extend a freeway from San Francisco to our little town. A six lane freeway that promised to raise home prices and add to local business.

The proposed freeway measure was voted on by our community and defeated. Yes, Devil's Slide was inadequate but a freeway was not the only answer as we were intially told. Most of us had moved to this area for a certain quality of life and saw the development as a destructive force to what we were seeking.

Similarly we have voted on numerous measures for controlled growth that limits new homes to something like 1% per year. That pretty much stopped all the tract home developments that had occured in the 70's.

Yes there was much discontent by those who stood to profit. "It's my land and I should be able to do what I want with it". But in the end it's still a democracy if you choose to use it.

As I see it Loreto is in the same position. A beautiful location whose beauty is being threatened by some who feel they have a right to do so. The big difference is that mexicans are much more easily duped than their american counterparts. They just don't seem to understand the true value of their assets. It's too bad because by the time they do there won't be anything in baja left worth preserving.

Mostly what I really don't like is the idea that development in baja is inevitable. Just accept it and get out of the way. The almighty markets dictate it. That's just a bunch of B.S. It's simply not true. It wasn't true for us and it's not true for Loreto.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/09/18/MNR5S7S4V.DTL&hw=half+moon+bay+tunnel&sn=001&sc=1000
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 04:26 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the funniest thing here are the ones who think/act like the peninsula is YOURS!!!! and you're not a Mex citizen.
what a bunch of meddling bizi bodies.

i'll listen intently to any real mex citizen who wants to opine about LB. Their statements might matter to my thought processes. But oh wait - none have spoken here! Just a bunch of control freaks..............

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
i'll listen intently to any real mex citizen who wants to opine about LB. Their statements might matter to my thought processes.

Here you cap mike, let me know if you want more

"As a result of the ICFJ training, Mexican participant Eduardo Valdez published his article “La otra colonización” in the Culiacán, Sinaloa, newspaper El Noroeste. The full-page story examines Loreto Bay’s uncertain future as American and Canadian investors’ developments may increase the community’s population and cause problems with trash, water drainage and unemployment."

http://www.icfj.org/column1.html

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by oldhippie]
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 09:48 PM

A cultural keyword for everybody's vocabulary: "cangrejismo".

--Larry

Extreme crabbiness:?:

amir
Senior Nomad

Mood: chiropractic

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 10:24 PM

Quote:

... and you're not a Mex citizen.
what a bunch of meddling bizi bodies...

I am not Mexican. Yet. But I live in Baja full time now. Baja is my HOME.

YOU, capitain, are not Mexican either, and YOU are the one who is meddling in here.
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-27-2007 at 10:38 PM

A close friend, VP of Ops for a very large No. Calif real estate company told me last weekend that many ex-agents from their company have started 'mining' Baja as opportunities dry up in California. I wonder if cajhawk might be one of those opportunists?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
Quote:
the only ones who are "shocked" are the ones who can't afford it hipster.

want some cheeze whiz with that whine of yours?......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You might want to stop laughing.

Your website is in violation of the conditions of use of the thawte trusted site seal. Seems that you have bought a SSL certificate but you haven't used it. The loan information form is sending personal information in plain text over the Internet. Very poor style Captain Mike.

Let's see, what should I do about that??

http://www.carefreepartner.com/ApplyNow/tabid/5409/Default.a...

A. You respond with an attack not relevant to the conversation.... thusly turning attention away from the subject?

B. You threaten "what should I do about that??"

C. Assert the website you mention is in "violation" (it isn't).

D. Assert "poor style" in that personal information is being sent insecure, when in fact this also is incorrect.

Reminder: when you make statements of fact that are incorrect, how do people perceive other statements you put forth as fact?... and will that get you the results you desire?

Question: Should you be communicating something else at this time to Capt Mike?

If you view the source code of the page in question, you would find that the form itself is in an "iframe" and is a secure page - regardless of if the "lock/secure" symbol is being displayed by the browser, the information sent is indeed secure - and there's seems to be no "violation" taking place here in the least.

Reference:
https://www.mortgagedashboard.com/miniapp/MexicoLead_plugin....

Speaking of style, poor or otherwise, what would be the right thing for you to do about this at this point?

:)

Thanks,
--
Doug

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 07:07 AM

OK, since you continue with the off topic topic, I'll respond. Capt. Mike, it's real dumb to build a secure webpage that does not display https as the transport protocol in the address and in such a way that the browser lock symbol, which is the key method of knowing whether of not the page is secure, is circumvented. As bajanomad pointed out, you have to read the source code determine whether of not the information posted is encrypted.

Is that what you had in mind Mr. Nomad?

see: https://www.thawte.com/ssl-digital-certificates/trusted-site...

oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 08:39 AM

Citibank was doing the same thing at their login page. I called and talked to their tech folks. Other folks must have called too because they went back to using https port 443. They used the argument that other stuff on the page did not need to be sent using SSL, and I responded "so what, how am I supposed to know that my login credentials are being transmitted using encryption".

Anybody can do a print screen to the clipboard and using an image editor get the secure seal image. It means nothing.

For example only, this is a bogus use of the image:

thawte.gif - 3kB
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:03 AM

I have several friends who sell real eastate. They all sell in the area they live in. They are nice people of high integrity who help people find homes that satisfy their needs, and help people sell homes when what they have no longer suits them. None of them travel around looking for opportunities to work outside of their area of residence because they pretty much understand that there are competent brokers everywhere. They don't try to sell "investments", just homes and businesses.

This is not a personal comment on what anyone chooses to do for a living. Personally, when I want to invest my money, I'll talk to my investment advisor, and not my real estate people.

cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:10 AM

Thank you for your comments Paula. I concentrate on second homes for retirement and vacation and believe Baja is the area I want to focus on. The buyers should be focusing on lifestyle and present/future retirement. The investment should be focused on safety, not on the potential gain. Reputable agents put people in reputable communities and homes. I have been in real estate for 20 years in California and the Baja and do not jump around from one "hot" market to the next. Perhaps if you ever met me you could say that you have friends who sell real estate in the area they live and one who helps people find those agents/developments in the Baja!
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 11:57 AM

cajhawk

I really know little about the real estate business, but my instincts tell me that i might ask a friend/agent in my home base to help me find a broker in an area I might buy a second home in. One who knows the area well because they live and work there. Of course I would have traveled to the area and at least have some understanding of the place-- the climate, prices, culture, environmental concerns, etc.

It is too bad you deleted your post immediately above mine in which you explained to us that real estate is an honorable profession, which I am not diputing. You also said that in 20 years in the business your integrity has never been questioned. And you said that LB may still have good investment potential.

While I would not question your integrity because I don't even know who you are, I might express my disappointment that others cannot easily follow our conversation here because you have erased the entire statement that I was responding to. Will your post on 9-28-2007 at 11:10 remain?

Edit: Minnow asked a poster on another thread why he quotes the whole post that he is responding to when it is right above for everyone to see. Wish i had quoted cajhawk in my previous post:P

[Edited on 9-28-2007 by Paula]

cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:21 PM

I was trying to edit and after 3 times I gave up after it was erased; went ahead and deleted. My job is to meet with local brokers in the States and educate them on referrals to the Baja. I am paid by a sales/marketing firm and only talk to them about developments that I personally believe are reputable. I only represent 3 developments in the Baja, and have studied countless others. I do not directly sell the development, but refer them to the local broker in the Baja. I want your friends to be paid a referral fee and the local expert to take care of them.

My point earlier was that my integrity has been questioned because I am a Realtor or because I am choosing to market the Baja. There are those that are unethical or opportunists; I know in my heart and my past business dealings with others that I am neither. I have tried to represent facts as I see them when I see statements which I know to be false on the board.
cajhawk
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:24 PM

PS How do you get the message to repost if you edit? I hit preview post again and the post reply box disappears. I wasn't done again and it posts; try to edit and it won't let me!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:25 PM

cajhawk
Baja.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:30 PM

WOW......I just stumbled on the set of Grumpy Old Men IV. :O

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:31 PM

cajhawk,

based on your previous posts I question your knowledge and understanding of environmental, social, cultural and political matters in Baja. I wouldn't claim to have all the answers either, and I live there.

I do feel that promoting sales in an area that one has no personal stake in is opportunistic.

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2007 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
WOW......I just stumbled on the set of Grumpy Old Men IV. :O

Hook, I hope you aren't referring to me as a Grumpy old man:?::O:lol::dudette:

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.