Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Beers of the Baja
BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2007 at 03:12 PM
The most useless....

...have to be these teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, wee little bottles. Hardly enough to wet the whistle.

[Edited on 9-29-2007 by BMG]

Tiny cerveza.JPG - 32kB

I think the world is run by C- students.
Dave
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 9-29-2007 at 03:36 PM
Yessss!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
When we get our place set up in Asuncion and we're there for a few weeks at a time, I will be brewing my own beer on premises.

Can I be your bestest friend? ;D

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2007 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
--Larry

You weren't even born when XXX was a pale beer.
Cervisin
Nomad

Mood: Mañana... quizá

[*] posted on 9-29-2007 at 06:33 PM

Hmmm, thread about beer - to bad I can not participate here - writing about beer in October is for a German / Bavarian a sin!! Can drink during that time spend for writing.... it's Oktoberfest time....

http://www.oktoberfest.de/en/

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 9-29-2007 at 07:01 PM

Would a US style Micro brewery be allowed in Baja?? Do not have the means or experience to do it...just would like to know.
I may have asked this before...or was I just thinking about it:lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 07:06 AM

Al....
I think we had a thread about this recently but it's fun to kick it around occasionally what with CRS and all that stuff. Easier than research.
I kinda remember the question back then but don't remember the amswer. There's a new brewery in Tijuana that makes a beer with that name. Don't know if it's technically a micro-brewery.
Anyway, I can't remember anything.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 07:33 AM

There is a micro brewery opening in San Jose next to Bhan Thai.
I will report on it after it opens.

Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 9-30-2007 at 09:07 AM

Locally around Northern Nevada the past couple of weeks the mercados have been having some killer sales on Mexican beer. Tecate, 18-12oz cans for $9.99. Tecate Light, 18-12oz cans for $8.99. Twelve packs of Corona, Pacifico, Modelo Especial 12oz bottles, $10.99.:wow:
The usual price for these beers is usually around 2 bucks more than the sale prices.
Does Pennsylvania still have that weird law about only buying 6 packs at the local Cantina and if you want a case you have to go to the Agencia?:o
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho

Uhh... try as I might, I can't figure out what you're replying to-- or saying-- here. :?:

--Larry

In retrospect, neither do I.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 11:10 AM

A senior moment to go down in history!!!!:lol::lol:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
There is a micro brewery opening in San Jose next to Bhan Thai.
I will report on it after it opens.

Judy, I was so hoping so, because most Saturdays I enjoy tasting new beers. I buy a different 6 pack of something almost every week...one of my great pleasures that I would miss a lot. If they are opening a new one in Del San Jose, it will not be long before they have them CSL...TS...and La Paz.

Dennis, won't be stopping in TJ to taste beer...risk is to high for me...now if I get a tour with FTD or a Nomad bus tour, I wouldn't feel my life and possessions would be at stake.

Bajajorge...Your prices are same as mine except Corona is 2 bucks more and Especial is 1 buck cheaper in !2 packs...

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2007 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
While I enjoy Pacifico, Negra Modelo, and others, I still crave a real beer while in Baja. Hence, I often have a stash of Sierra Nevada, Anderson Valley IPA, Red Nectar Ale, or something similar. When we get our place set up in Asuncion and we're there for a few weeks at a time, I will be brewing my own beer on premises.

Yep, sitting on the front porch, listening to Sirius Blues, looking out to the bay with fresh fish on the bbq, and enjoying a cold one....nothing better unless I've got amigos with me.

Zac

Zac...My ideals are the same and if, my deal goes through with Shari...(got blindsided with a tax issue and SS) I will trade beer with you...if mine is good...I am a newbie at beer making. I like Porter and stouts, but lately I have been impressed with Boston Lager style.

Albert G

Wingnut
Nomad

Mood: Baja Pensive

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 05:30 PM

Ahhh, this thread about beers brings back many memories. Yes there was a XXX and it was a pale beer. Dos Equis (XX) used to be available only in the Amber and thus XXX was born. Lamentable, because it used to be good. While we are on the subject of beer, growing up as I did in Arizona we had some local favorites that are long gone. Anyone remember Falstaff and A-1 ? How about PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) and the really cheap one from my college days KOL? That stuff was really bad but when you are a broke college kid, you'll drink anything you can get your hands on. How about HAMMS? Some of you will remember the commercials at least.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 05:37 PM

Wingnut
How about :
Mable, Black Label
Carling, Black Label Beer.

Hated the stuff; the commercial stuck.
Did drink my share of PBR's. Probably would make me gag now.

Al
I hope that the brewery is open soon but you know how that goes. Rode by yesterday and it didnt look any different than it did 3 weeks ago....

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 05:57 PM

"From the land of sky-blue waa-aa-ter.........waa-aa-ter!" Had bears in the commercials, didn't they?

Sure I remember Falstaff......Schlitz.........Lucky Lager..........Olympia...........Stroh's.

PBR is still on tap at Ole's in San Clemente, for you south OC guys. Good, cheap beer for enlisted Marines.

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 06:49 PM

Don't forget Rainer--one of the good cheap beers--still made by Miller Brewing in the old Olympia brewery plant for distribution by the current owner Pabst(HQ in San Antonio, eh, but not sold in Texas--wah!)...
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 06:59 PM

Do you remember...Jax...or Pearl. Falstaff was my favorite.
I amsure I said this on our last thread:lol:

Albert G

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WingnutAnyone remember

Brew 102, LA's finest.

For special occasions and to impress the girls we also drank champipple. champagne and Ripple. Later popularized by Fred Sanford. Of course that was before the good stuff, Boone's Farm and Bali Hai.

I think the world is run by C- students.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 07:37 PM

DAMN, you guys are old!

how did you open a brew 102? had to carry a can opener with you????:?:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2007 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
how did you open a brew 102? had to carry a can opener with you????:?:

Called a "Church key."
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.