Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7
Author: Subject: Update on Juanita
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 12:55 PM

Today is a very good day! Juanita is doing much better! She is producing platelets and is bossing the nurses around! The doctor is very optimistic about her recovery.The chemo really threw her for a loop, not know what to expect.Altho her Sis just went thru breast cancer surgery, masectomy and chemo ,radiation, the two cancers are very different.She is still in a sterile environment and I cannot seem to get rid of my broncitis or whatever the heck it is, so I cannot visit her.She is walking and getting her appetite back.Next biggie is another bone marrow biopsy to tell whether or not she is producing good or bad platelets.She also still has no white cell count which hopefully will change, but gives her No immunity to infections or viruses, etc.She is on an uphill swing now and the med center is doing an outstanding job of taking care of her.See you guys?? All the prayers and well wishes.... well there ya go!!!! Abrazos, Sally

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:32 PM

Great news Sally - so glad to hear. Will continue to keep you all in our prayers...

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 01:44 PM
MALVIA

I will keep her in my prayers and you as well.

I have malvia rosa on my front porch - it grows from a branch - if someone wants to take a cutting to Sally, pls. stop by.

The first picture is malvia.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=53187#pid6254...

[Edited on 7-4-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 02:21 PM

Sally, glad to hear it. You clearly made the right choice in taking her where you did. For all it's faults U.S. Medical Technology is at the forefront. When you were asking about Sanoviv, I was shuddering at the thought that she might end up there. Glad the Mexican doctor was honest in saying he could not help her. Wish he'd done it sooner.

I am available to you for anything. I live in San Diego, not far from UCI at all. Just U2U me.
mike odell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 03:28 PM

GREAT NEWS Sally, take care of yourself too.

latrinidadrvranchrestaurant.com

Everybody knows Murphy\'s Law.
Martinez Law; Murphy was a damn optimist!
Quote by: Jimmy Smith
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2011 at 05:14 PM

Thanks Blanca.My shingles are all but gone.Took an antiviral pill, wiped em out!B.Gringo thank you also.We are not out of the woods yet.Roberto,, gracias also.San diego was where this all started but her family is here in the area now and tonite she is getting a pizza for dinner!She can have NO fresh vegis or fruits(except unpeeled, like bananas or oranges)because they may carry even a minute amount of bacteria.Cooked vegis on the pizza. She could not understand why my blood pressure had gone up to 167/99, and I needed meds for it, first time ever.I didn't know what to say to her.That was one of the most stressfull weeks(or more) of my life.Think about taking your child to a doc, in TJ no less, not knowing what was wrong with her, for a week.naw, no stress......I could go on but I already did....Happy Independence Day Nomads!!

measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 12:31 PM

very good news about Juanita indeed. I will tell the folks here in El Tule and we will keep praying for her recovery...
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 01:19 PM

Good news! Hope the upswing continues for You and Juanita.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 02:50 PM

Buenas noticias Sally!!!

carpe diem!
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-5-2011 at 04:22 PM

Just to be clear, this is the one that we have been using. There are all kinds of different varieties of this plant.
http://www.countyofkings.com/ag%20commissioner/Ag%20Services...

We even have some of this sprouting on our lawn right now. Normally you see it growing everywhere in the spring while the ground is still naturally moist from the wet rains.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 11:05 AM

Latest news! Juanita has been "released" from the hospital for an eight day at home stay!!She has made remarkable progress.She is producing white cells and platelets now.She is at Dads house and her girls are spending some time with her but the girls are staying with me.Juanita gets tired easily and the girls are a LOT of energy.So she goes back in next Monday for three more weeks of treatment and then we will see what happens after that.Thanks Nomads for all your well wishes and prayers!! Abrazos, Sally

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 11:29 AM

Wow, that is so great Sally, sounds like Juanita is doing wonders, I am so glad to hear you are having these days togeather.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 11:46 AM

OH Sally
What great news! Being out of the hospital will be good for her I am sure.
Y'all take care

KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 12:27 PM

Great to hear the good news, Sally. Thanks for keeping us updated. We all wish her the best. Sounds like she's on the mend. Now's the time for you to take a well deserved break and get your strenght built back up too. We'll keep both of you and your family in our prayers...:yes:

[Edited on 7-10-11 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 04:25 PM

I am so pleased to hear this, Sally. And thank you for keeping us posted.
I agree that a week at home will likely be good for Juanita's spirit.

The candle burns bright on my altar
and prayer mantras dance through my head for Juanita, for you, and for all her family.

nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 11:13 PM

Today her sister Amy took her to UCI for a "check up". She has to be in treatment for 8 more months! Not sure how this is going to play out.I will give qn update tomorrow.She was not feeling too well today.Keep up with the good vibes Nomads!!

[Edited on 7-14-2011 by Sallysouth]

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 11:34 PM

This will be an experience in your family that will try you, test you and bring you all closer together.

Please remember that we here are all sending positive thoughts, prayers, good vibes and, without a doubt, its being delivered with a good dose of love for you all.

Bless you all today, tomorrow and always.
Maria

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 03:42 PM

Sally ~ ~ oh my .. have not been here for awhile and missed all this ...
Is Ty running the biz/watching the house? and wheres your dad??

Saying prayers and sending good thoughts all continues to go well.
and echo beautiful sentiments expressed so eloquently by others ...

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sallysouth
Today her sister Amy took her to UCI for a "check up". She has to be in treatment for 8 more months! Not sure how this is going to play out.I will give qn update tomorrow.She was not feeling too well today.Keep up with the good vibes Nomads!!

[Edited on 7-14-2011 by Sallysouth]

Hang it there----lots of positive thoughts sent your way, and it will play out one day at a time----:yes::yes:

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 07:05 PM

Yesterday I spoke with a friend who received the same diagnosis in 1994.
He's beat 2 recurrances since 1994 and he's still doing well.
Keep the faith !
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.