Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  13
Author: Subject: Loreto Bay - the June 2007 Version
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 07:58 PM

yes mike ever notice how the guys with the big bucks are a lot stupider then us poo folk??:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jerry and judi
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 08:27 PM

Folks (especially from this board) have been predicting the demise of this place for a while now. Yet, these guys seem to keep goin'. Now, I'm not into planned "authentic Mexican villages" :lol::lol::lol:, but I'm starting to think you folks are "holwin' in the wind". :o

And, the same applies for the Escalera Nautica (Escalera Stupida it's been called). This one's going to happen too. Maybe not the land bridge, maybe not to the extent of the original plan, but it WILL happen. And, you know what - it's not all bad. As a boater, some places to refuel along the Pacific coast, along with some contacts for emergencies might be appreciated. Right now, the ones who are not affected by these shortcomings are the multi-millionaires. Most every one else need not apply. Stick THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

I don't want it to change either, but some of you folks are just as arrogant as the planners of these monstrosities. And, why don't you look up "luddite" in the dictionary?

[Edited on 6-26-2007 by Roberto]
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 07:53 AM

Roberto,

Since we're giving each other vocabulary lessons, here's one for you:

defeatism - an attitude of accepting, expecting, or being resigned to defeat.

I'm strongly against this development and I'm not a Luddite. BTW, the word is capitalized. It comes from a man named Ludd.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 08:03 AM

Oldenglishteacher ----------

I don't think adjectives, in the middle of a sentence, should be capitilized.

Ergo: luddite.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 08:15 AM

Luddite is a noun.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 08:18 AM

Luddite is an adjective.
Dictionary is a noun.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 08:20 AM

Actually, it's both.
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 08:52 AM

Roberto,

I'd be all for a nice mid-sized marina with a modest hotel and shops to resupply boaters on their voyages. The Sea of Cortez is truly a watersportman's paradise.

What Loreto Bay is doing will pollute the environment, dry up the aquifers, and alienate the local population.

They are evil folks motivated soley by profit who are performing a modern Mexican land grab using greenwash propaganda. The area will be devastated. Take a look at Cabo San Lucas and see the future of Loreto.

[Edited on 6-26-2007 by oldhippie]

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 09:00 AM

"Flounders Village" Ha!!! very funny
Escalera Nautica failed because it was not feasible, their supporting propaganda didn't pan out (the number of registered boats in Arizona were calculated in fer crissake), the planned private funding did not materialize and there were environmental concerns prompting opposition from that standpoint. During the subsequent years and to this day, alternative plans for "improved" marinas evolved instead, dictated more by a more gradual indication of actual need. Even so, with the designation of BOLA as a marine preserve, a huge marina will not materialize there, and I suspect that interests other than John McCarthy's - who is no longer at the helm - will become important factors to be dealt with. Puerto Escondido had been in the works for a long time, and with the LB development, its time finally came, but wasn't necessarily an element of Escalera Nautica success. Long story short, Escalera Nautica failed. And it's still a matter of time before we see LB's success. Lots of opposition, and more people are beginning to understand all the factors which will negatively affect the project, as well as LB's own lies - they will be hoisted on their own petard.
oldhippie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 09:18 AM

Good point wilderone, Puerto Escondido is the area's marina. I guess there's no need for one in Loreto.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Oldenglishteacher ----------

I don't think adjectives, in the middle of a sentence, should be capitilized.

Ergo: luddite.

Fortunately, there are agreed-upon rules for grammar so that language doesn't become total anarchy. As far as I know, this one of yours isn't one of them. Or rather, it's overridden by the adjective-derived-from-proper-name capitalization. :)

--Larry

Where does it say that, Larry? If you're willing to teach, I'm willing to learn..........and stand corrected.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:36 PM

Never mind. I found it. Proper adjectives.

I stand corrected.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:41 PM

Adjectives? Those adjectives can contribute to some unusual situations.:o Don't want any of 'em added to my rations, they can cause a variety of ailments.:o
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:44 PM

Yeah...... You have to read the labels.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:46 PM

this thread would be more fun on 'ludes.......:wow:

the market will decide LBs fate ultimately.:light:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
this thread would be more fun on 'ludes.......:wow:

If this thread got any more tranquil, it would ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZsnorkZZZZ
Baja_Girl
Nomad

Mood: suavidad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 06:56 PM

...Stay tuned, my dears, Loreto Bay Company is SOOOO unhappy I have purchased www.loretobaycompany.org, etc...Hi Scott!!!
xoxo
Baja_Girl

PS - like, uh, even if a court ordered me to give these specific domains to LBC, its not as if I couldn't buy 100 more just like it...all I want is to disseminate the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...I have no incentive or need to do otherwise!!!

[Edited on 6-27-2007 by Baja_Girl]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 07:07 PM

Lisa ---

Is this going to be your south-of-the-border raison d'etre?
It may take away your tanning time but, a good tan isn't everything.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 07:14 PM

No Dennis, Lisa's raison d'etre in Loreto is to win the Fishin for the Mission Tournament!!!! You go Girl!
Baja_Girl
Nomad

Mood: suavidad

[*] posted on 6-26-2007 at 07:15 PM

...Dennis, I love Loreto. I love it because I feel safe there, a young woman traveling alone, and because the people are so friendly and beautiful and kind. I love it because the water is crystal clear and I can dive and not see mounds of liter like I see in the waters near Hawaii...Loreto is special because there is no Staryucks or McDonalds or other junk-food containers lining the streets - as I found in the Florida Keys...I do not think that adding 6000 housing units bodes well for keeping Loreto (or any place) as safe and clean and sweet as it is.
...so, yes, it can easily be my raison d'etre - I have no economic interest in any of this - I just know that when I have felt broken on the inside (personal heartaches, etc.), Loreto is where I went to feel whole again. And I love it for that.

[Edited on 6-27-2007 by Baja_Girl]
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  13

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.