Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8  
Author: Subject: border delays due to sequestration
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:05 PM

Anything over an hour to cross is just the government trying to make a statement that we have to raise taxes to maintain our affluent life style.

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
Wiles
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:16 PM

Kinda funny about all these reported increases in wait times, the sequestrations and furloughs don't even take effect until mid April. SOP.

:o
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:26 PM

It's kinda ironic that the Sequestration is going to have an equally devastating consequence at the border crossings as does Christmas.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
border crossing should get better. Unemployment now down to 7.7% with employment up in all sectors led by construction. More people will have less time to go to baja (at least for those who want to work).

Those numbers are made up:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No really, I got them from FOX news....They have to be true!:P

Oh my bad:light: FOX is known for sourcing and verifying their news and would never, ever knowingly or intentionally air misleading information.:spingrin:

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
border crossing should get better. Unemployment now down to 7.7% with employment up in all sectors led by construction. More people will have less time to go to baja (at least for those who want to work).

All taht number means is that fewr people in the construction industries were first time filers for unemployment. Same thing happened with buggy makers along time ago.

Bob Durrell
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

All taht number means is that fewr people in the construction industries were first time filers for unemployment. Same thing happened with buggy makers along time ago.

don't think so. 266,000 jobs added in Feb. 43,000 in the construction industry. I think that means more people working, I think. Less people traveling to Baja, If you want to work.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 06:31 PM

I went thru yesterday. 2 1/2 hour wait to get to Jack in the Box. then to secondary because Jack couldn't open the rear hatch on my Explorer. I took a long time waiting for someone to start the secondary inspection but I talked to several others that were friendly and busy. Two dog handlers came by and said hi to Mason and one even offered Mason a biscuit. When I got the inspector I told him this was the first time in 20 years I'd been sent to secondary and it was my birthday. He was able to open the hatch, did a quick inspection and moved cars so I could get out of jail. So for only going to secondary once in 20 years it wasn't too bad of an experience. Oh, you can't smoke in your car while waiting. It's considered a government building.:lol::lol: He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

Did he mention they would be twelve hour days?
Probably not.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 07:37 PM

Secondary at Calexico sucked yesterday. Same thing, 5 older guys standing around joking and telling stories, while a young kid interrogated us (in a nice fashion). Seems with 20 years of me crossing they'd build up enough intel to know if I was a drug transporter or not.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Secondary at Calexico sucked yesterday. Same thing, 5 older guys standing around joking and telling stories, while a young kid interrogated us (in a nice fashion). Seems with 20 years of me crossing they'd build up enough intel to know if I was a drug transporter or not.

"older guys"???? That sounds like age-bashing to me!!! as well as criticising them for not being serious------attitude-bashing, for sure!

Don't be too hard on them, Ateo---- I still can't figure out if you are a "drug trausporter" or not.

:saint:

Barry
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

"older guys"???? That sounds like age-bashing to me!!! as well as criticising them for not being serious------attitude-bashing, for sure!

Don't be too hard on them, Ateo---- I still can't figure out if you are a "drug trausporter" or not.

:saint:

Barry

Just telling it like it is................the old dudes have grown up, seen how lame this whole debacle is, and all they can do is laugh to get thru the day. I don't blame them. I'd do the same.

=)

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
We crossed yesterday (Tuesday) at Otay at 4 PM, it was 20 minutes in the Ready Lane. Two lanes were closed.

What is the best way to hit the ready lanes:

When coming north on the 'free' road out of Rosarito?
When using Blvd. 2000?

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 07:20 AM

San Ysidro/TJ is over three hours this AM.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:
We crossed yesterday (Tuesday) at Otay at 4 PM, it was 20 minutes in the Ready Lane. Two lanes were closed.

When using Blvd. 2000?

Matt.....Geoff at Bajabound has made some videos of these approaches. I've found them through Google before.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:

When using Blvd. 2000?

Blvd. 2000: Follow the road and signs to "Otay Mesa". Keep following the signs....it's a long way!!! When it finally says to turn right to the the Otay Mesa border crossing -- don't. Keep going straight. Turn right at the NEXT street and it'll take you thru the park and school. At the first major street hang a right and you will be in the Ready Lane.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for all the info! Plan to put it to use soon. I will report back on my experience, hopefully, if we make it back.

;D

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
He also said that all employees will start a 4 day workweek April 1.

Did he mention they would be twelve hour days?
Probably not.

No 12 hour shifts they'll loose a days pay every week. And that really sucks.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 06:39 PM

31 minutes @ tecate this morning..

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2013 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
31 minutes @ tecate this morning..

ooooo goood. Glad to hear that. What time?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-12-2013 at 12:20 AM

10ish

Pages:  1  ..  6    8  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.