[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 02:58 PM

Amen ... :biggrin::biggrin:

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

I've run into folks like that woman all over Mexico. They're mixed in with retired "CIA agents, Vietnam era helicopter door gunners", Billionaires, "disguised to look like regular people", and "Olympic hopefuls". I gave up going to parties and get togethers: When I tell folks what I am not, I get looks that wordlessly say: Are you freakin' nuts?" I guess I gotta give thought to becoming "Frank Sinatra's ex bodyguard" or something.

Are you talking about "Gotta Peso" in Catavina?

Bob Durrell
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:26 PM

Yeah but then too i wasn't on that beach to give interpretation to statements like: I got a little hysterical, and I'm bi-polar. Ever think she could have spent 72 hours in a cell thinking of yet more groserias to yell at the turnkey?

Pajamas, karaoke, artist, activist. Yeah I gots lots of them living all around me - NOT

Let's see, feathers, waddle, quack...valium, lithium, amitriptylene...karaoke, pajamas, abs, guns...

She normal

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:46 PM

DavidE,

Who's normal, you?

Ken
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
DavidE,

Who's normal, you?

Ken
your first draft was better! and closer to the mark ;D
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 03:53 PM
I NORMAL

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 04:01 PM

im still on the fence, lets wait and see what mark and olivia's take on this is :rolleyes:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 04:06 PM

Quote:
The cops are probably feeling a lot of heat right now. About her claim that they prevented her from contacting a consulate.

:lol::lol::lol:
Really?? Prove it.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
if it's so bad Monoloco, why don't you move back to the USA?

I absolutely hate it when people, especially those who don't live here, say things like this.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Zapotec
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 08:35 PM

And I just hate it when Americans who live in Mexico, and bad mouth Mexico, don't move back to the US, and BTW, I live in Mexico.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:03 AM

JoeJustJoe, I feel I'm pretty good at being able to see through people's masks they wear, and I also don't believe everything I read on facebook with people. I'm not a gullible person. I go by my gut feeling with people. You may dispute mine and others view of Gretchen because it does not vibe with yours. And some of us may disagree with yours as well. I feel she is a good, compassionate, honest, and caring person who did a good deed. Just my gut feeling on her.

If you choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

I think the Police had every right to arrest her, I have already said that. But I don't think they were professional with how they went about doing their Police business with an arrestee, nor the treatment she received AFTER she was put in jail. If you have a run-in with the Cops in Mexico things like this can happen, I get that. Heck it can happen in the U.S. as well. I wouldn't push the limits of the cops in the U.S. or Mexico, I personally wouldn't do that. I come from a law enforcement family and I have a lot of respect for Police and I don't think ya win any points with them when you are combative. Quite the contrary, eh.

We don't know that she was as combative the entire time in jail as you elude her to be and like you have pretty much summed up she was, a whacked out bi-polar woman. All I can go by is what she chose to share, and I take that as her personal truth of what happened. I think she did go off the rails upon being arrested, she admitted to that. Under the circumstances she was under, is it any wonder? And I DO also think her rights were majorly violated.

I don't agree with tearing this good citizen's character to shreds for a self-less deed in helping a dying man, in fact it's really gross to be quite honest. But hey that's my opinion.

I really hope his family never reads any of these posts, because I think they are probably pretty damn grateful for everything Gretchen did for their loved one. Trying to save him, trying to get help from somebody, anybody....and staying with him while he laid bleeding in her arms, I know I would be grateful for an angel such as her if that was my loved one.

Gretchen asked for prayers for Mar and his family, he left behind a wife and a 4 year old child. Soooo sad, so very very sad. And so very senseless.

I saw the video someone put up with photos of Mar, broke my heart to see such a vibrant guy who did such a great service for his community as a lifeguard and with the Fire Dept and at such a young age, just think how he could have done sooo much in the years to come in service to his community, obviously community work was his calling.........Rosarito lost an upstanding citizen, that's for sure!

R.I.P. Mar

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
If you [JoeJustJoe] choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

BajaLuna, joe is inauthentic for the vast majority of things he posts. He is a bully and a troll. He posts solely to get a reaction, and most of it is made up out of whole cloth with tiny nuggets of truth. If you have a strong stomach, check out his rabid posts in the OT. Over 6,000 posts since he joined and of that, only a single digit percentage have been posted someplace on the main section of Baja Nomad, likely all in a controversial topic like this. No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks. The best thing to with joe is ignore him or call him out. However, when you call him on things you have to be prepared for him to turn the attack on you. It's what bullies do, just like the shooter.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:52 AM

So Bajaluna, tell me. I am not being sarcastic but honestly wanting to know your opinion. Do you feel this woman really did see and talk with Gary Patton earlier in the week as well? Seems quite a coincidence that she was involved in two sensational news events in a week's time?
Quote:
JoeJustJoe, I feel I'm pretty good at being able to see through people's masks they wear, and I also don't believe everything I read on facebook with people. I'm not a gullible person. I go by my gut feeling with people. You may dispute mine and others view of Gretchen because it does not vibe with yours. And some of us may disagree with yours as well. I feel she is a good, compassionate, honest, and caring person who did a good deed. Just my gut feeling on her.

If you choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

I think the Police had every right to arrest her, I have already said that. But I don't think they were professional with how they went about doing their Police business with an arrestee, nor the treatment she received AFTER she was put in jail. If you have a run-in with the Cops in Mexico things like this can happen, I get that. Heck it can happen in the U.S. as well. I wouldn't push the limits of the cops in the U.S. or Mexico, I personally wouldn't do that. I come from a law enforcement family and I have a lot of respect for Police and I don't think ya win any points with them when you are combative. Quite the contrary, eh.

We don't know that she was as combative the entire time in jail as you elude her to be and like you have pretty much summed up she was, a whacked out bi-polar woman. All I can go by is what she chose to share, and I take that as her personal truth of what happened. I think she did go off the rails upon being arrested, she admitted to that. Under the circumstances she was under, is it any wonder? And I DO also think her rights were majorly violated.

I don't agree with tearing this good citizen's character to shreds for a self-less deed in helping a dying man, in fact it's really gross to be quite honest. But hey that's my opinion.

I really hope his family never reads any of these posts, because I think they are probably pretty damn grateful for everything Gretchen did for their loved one. Trying to save him, trying to get help from somebody, anybody....and staying with him while he laid bleeding in her arms, I know I would be grateful for an angel such as her if that was my loved one.

Gretchen asked for prayers for Mar and his family, he left behind a wife and a 4 year old child. Soooo sad, so very very sad. And so very senseless.

I saw the video someone put up with photos of Mar, broke my heart to see such a vibrant guy who did such a great service for his community as a lifeguard and with the Fire Dept and at such a young age, just think how he could have done sooo much in the years to come in service to his community, obviously community work was his calling.........Rosarito lost an upstanding citizen, that's for sure!

R.I.P. Mar
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:56 AM

I also believe not wearing a bra with thin material pajamas and being large breasted can give someone an idea of a person that they are maybe someone they are not. I noticed that on the video. I wonder if she was braless in the jail as well.
Quote:
Nudity, is extraordinarily offensive to MOST Mexicanos. La gente have a totally different perspective of nudity than gringos or Europeans. Simply removing a tee shirt in public downtown can provoke an outraged "GET DRESSED" from a Mexican cop.

But again and again the main point, the one that provoked the cops is being shined-on here.

You don't scream at a Mexican cop - ever. And even worse than that is to scream obscenities at a cop. Then multiply this times ten million of you do it in public, then magnify to the cube of that if all that is done in front of fellow cops of military.

Is's versus ought-to-be's is perhaps the number one reason why gringos get into trouble in Mexico and or get disgusted with the culture and bail out. I see this all the time on the mainland and keep abreast of area forums for "Everything Must Go".

The nutso antics of some gringos keep Mexicans gossiping for months.

In the case of this individual a human rights challenge will serve to point out injustices of all people who are arrested. Americans, Mexicans, Mongolians. Human rights is human rights. But that's all that is going to happen IMMHO - an issue will be raised then drift away like a cloud of smoke.

THE MANTRA OF A PERSON WHO SHOULD NEVER EVER CROSS THE BORDER

"You can't do this to me! I am an AMERICAN!"

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 08:59 AM

I have never thought about that, but it brings up a good point. (the part about Hugh Hefner). The part about walking around Rosarito Beach, a large woman with large breasts braless in pajamas is a whole other can of worms.
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
yeah....she's been through a lot....but from what i see, she NEVER gets out of her pajamas; from her walk on the beach, through ALL of her 4 interviews...she's ALWAYS in her pajamas...so...what does that say about her mental state???...i dunno; just an open question....does she own a pair of jeans?
What does the fact that she was wearing pajamas have to do with anything? It certainly doesn't justify the way she was treated in custody. Do you question Hugh Hefner's mental state because he has an affinity for pajamas?

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:04 AM

I don't entirely agree. I have found him to show a compassionate side to him (shown by erasing negative posts about someone he has previously written). I still would like to know who he is but I don't blame him for not revealing his true persona. The way people are viciously attacked and maligned on the internet is a very good reason not to say who you really are and he has young children.
Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Quote:
If you [JoeJustJoe] choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

BajaLuna, joe is inauthentic for the vast majority of things he posts. He is a bully and a troll. He posts solely to get a reaction, and most of it is made up out of whole cloth with tiny nuggets of truth. If you have a strong stomach, check out his rabid posts in the OT. Over 6,000 posts since he joined and of that, only a single digit percentage have been posted someplace on the main section of Baja Nomad, likely all in a controversial topic like this. No trip reports, no offers of help, no requests for help, just attacks. The best thing to with joe is ignore him or call him out. However, when you call him on things you have to be prepared for him to turn the attack on you. It's what bullies do, just like the shooter.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:17 AM

I'm still waiting for her next video describing her visit to the US Consulate...

I hear the whales song
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Taco de Baja
Quote:

I agree 100%. It seems like a very strange way to entertain one's self.

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by monoloco]

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:29 AM

Interesting, Taco de Baja! I wondered if some of what he had said was really just a reflection.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:47 AM

Say, what color were her nails ... :spingrin:

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.