Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  81    83    85  ..  120
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 02:31 PM

Hurricane Otis went from being a category 1 tropical storm to being a Category 5 monster hurricane in a matter of hours. Know why, Einstein? Because the ocean temperature offshore was hotter than it's ever been, which makes hurricanes gain incredible speed incredibly quickly. Know why, Einstein? Because of global warming caused by man-made climate change.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 03:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

GIGO!

Clarkie,
Garbage in, garbage out certainly describes your opinions on climate change!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 07:46 PM

I guess we have never had a Cat 5 storm before in the history of the earth

What happened to the predictions of another coming Ice Age decades ago? Predictions by the best "scientists" in the world then?
What ever happened to Al Gore's predictions? Another icon of the climate change religion? I guess Florida should be under water by now ?
Let's see- didn't he start some kind of carbon exchange BUSINESS about that time to rake in the bucks while still riding around in a Gulfstream Jet ?

As far as I can tell the palm tree is still above water and has been for decades. I haven't even yet dug into the falsehoods of the afore mentioned recent posting.

All the hysteria is nothing but PREDICTIONS
When you can PREDICT the weather next month with some form of accuracy on a daily basis come back and tell me and I might yell in concert "The sky is falling"

Until then? FOLLOW THE MONEY just like we did with the jab!!!!

Hundreds of published scientific papers have been retracted in the last year due to false data claims. All because FUNDING for research is controlled by the narrative and not the science. No funding= No research= NO career Alternative voices even by internationally known scientists gets canceled for not toeing the line

Why no mention of one of the founders of Green Peace who has a counter argument? Not "educated" enough for a postulation?

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Hurricane Otis went from being a category 1 tropical storm to being a Category 5 monster hurricane in a matter of hours. Know why, Einstein? Because the ocean temperature offshore was hotter than it's ever been, which makes hurricanes gain incredible speed incredibly quickly. Know why, Einstein? Because of global warming caused by man-made climate change.

This has proven to be wrong a hundred times.

Still waiting for the Glacier age Mr. Spock predicted in 1979.

For 60 years you people have made these ridiculous predictions over and over. It is all about power and control.

If you care about clean energy, push nuclear. Until you do that, everything else is a lie.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 09:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

If you care about clean energy, push nuclear.

Three Mile Island. Chernobyl. ***ushima. Ask the people with radiation poisoning if nuclear energy is "clean". Oh right, you can't- they're dead.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 10:34 PM

Troll,

Coal, the stuff that China uses 50% of, has killed legions more than nuclear without counting the people who have died of cancer from the radioactivity released by burning it!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2023 at 10:58 PM

Three Mile Island. Chernobyl. ***ushima. Ask the people with radiation poisoning if nuclear energy is "clean". Oh right, you can't- they're dead.

If you actually do your research you will find that Nuclear is far, far more safe than other energy sources. Combine that with how green it is.

Watch this to learn more about nuclear:
https://youtu.be/glM80kRWbes?si=HzUh0-cuEOeSkb6G

[Edited on 10-26-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 06:10 AM

If you actually do your research you will find that Nuclear is far, far more safe than other energy sources. Combine that with how green it is.

Watch this to learn more about nuclear:
https://youtu.be/glM80kRWbes?si=HzUh0-cuEOeSkb6G

[Edited on 10-26-2023 by JZ]

A youtube video! I feel so much safer now!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 12:07 PM

Goat,

Is this better? Notice who’s building lots of new plants! It’s not the US or Mexico!

https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-fu...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 04:35 PM

Goat,

Is this better? Notice who’s building lots of new plants! It’s not the US or Mexico!

https://world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-fu...

Ya, but usa has more nuclear generating capacity (95 gigawatts) than any other country. We generate over 30 percent of the world’s nuke electricity. Perhaps we dont need additional nuke generating capacity, and can better focus on windmills and PV :light:

You got a solution for the waste? Even red states don't want it!

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 05:40 PM

Goat,

Yes, a Space X heavy direct to the Sun!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 07:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
How come no one ever talks about the cooling affects of clouds and the more CO2 means better tree and green plant growth?
More plant growth (proven event since the additional CO2 has been tracked) means more O2 for us- doesn't it?

Here ya go, Cliffy- educate yourself.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 07:21 PM

Troll,

Coal, the stuff that China uses 50% of, has killed legions more than nuclear without counting the people who have died of cancer from the radioactivity released by burning it!

Mansplainer- I think we are all aware of the health and environmental issues regarding coal. Did I suggest that coal was a better alternative to nuclear? Of course I didn't, so what's your point? Wind, solar and other technologies that are being worked on are the clean alternative to nuclear and fossil fuels.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 09:48 PM

Troll,

Two words: Base Load!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 09:57 PM

"While historically large power grids used unvarying power plants to meet the base load, there is no specific technical requirement for this to be so. The base load can equally well be met by the appropriate quantity of intermittent power sources and dispatchable generation."
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 09:59 PM

This has proven to be wrong a hundred times.

Oh, please do cite the hundred times this has been proven wrong.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 10:36 PM

Troll,

“ "While historically large power grids used unvarying power plants to meet the base load, there is no specific technical requirement for this to be so. The base load can equally well be met by the appropriate quantity of intermittent power sources and dispatchable generation.”

You have no idea what you are talking about!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2023 at 10:42 PM

Suggest you tell that to the people on whose articles that quote from Wikipedia was based on.

Peters, Roger, Cherise Burda (2007-09-01). "The Basics on Base Load: Meeting Ontario's Base Load Electricity Demand with Renewable Power Sources" (PDF). Pembina Institute. Retrieved 2018-05-16.

Archer, Cristina L.; Jacobson, Mark Z. (November 2007). "Supplying Baseload Power and Reducing Transmission Requirements by Interconnecting Wind Farms". Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology. 46 (11): 1701–1717. Bibcode:2007JApMC..46.1701A. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.475.4620.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2023 at 05:05 AM

Troll,

Two more words: Ontario Hydro!

https://files.opg.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/grade9stude...

And two key quotes:

“In Ontario the wind blows strong enough to generate electricity 20% of the time”

“ Roughly 60 percent of Ontario's electricity is accounted for by three nuclear power plants: Pickering, Darlington and Bruce. No fatal accidents related to nuclear power have occurred in Ontario.”

caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2023 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
I guess we have never had a Cat 5 storm before in the history of the earth

What happened to the predictions of another coming Ice Age decades ago? Predictions by the best "scientists" in the world then?
What ever happened to Al Gore's predictions? Another icon of the climate change religion? I guess Florida should be under water by now ?
Let's see- didn't he start some kind of carbon exchange BUSINESS about that time to rake in the bucks while still riding around in a Gulfstream Jet ?

As far as I can tell the palm tree is still above water and has been for decades. I haven't even yet dug into the falsehoods of the afore mentioned recent posting.

All the hysteria is nothing but PREDICTIONS
When you can PREDICT the weather next month with some form of accuracy on a daily basis come back and tell me and I might yell in concert "The sky is falling"

Until then? FOLLOW THE MONEY just like we did with the jab!!!!

Hundreds of published scientific papers have been retracted in the last year due to false data claims. All because FUNDING for research is controlled by the narrative and not the science. No funding= No research= NO career Alternative voices even by internationally known scientists gets canceled for not toeing the line

Why no mention of one of the founders of Green Peace who has a counter argument? Not "educated" enough for a postulation?

Hey Cliffy - are you lying on purpose - or just poorly "informed" by bogus claims - or willfully ignorant?

There never was any scientific claims of a coming ice age in the 1970's. Popular Myth - never happened - look it up Cliffy - its all a bunch of bogus BS spouted by a bunch of deniers - who - in this group at least - get their climate science from a guy who repairs sprinklers - Believes the world is 6000 years old, and the earth is flat - literally Cliffy - that's your climate guru -

scientific papers retracted because of forged data - yup - who discovered that Data Cliffy? who questioned it - thats all part of the scientific method - it should have never gotten past the reviewers - but as soon as it did - and it got out to the scientific community at large - scientists called Bull chit -

But I don't recall any significant climate papers being withdrawn - are you aware of some? if so - can I get a citation on it - i would be very interested. But it kind of feels like you are trying to smear climate scientists by saying "scientists" falsified data - nope Cliffy - not how it works!

and this whole funding crap - bullchit - you have no idea how it works, how science is funded - by whom, how - the process - nothing!

seriously - 6 million people dead of covid world wide - and you still think its a political scam! right -

The very science you hate - thats the reason you are still alive Cliffy - picking and choosing "science" as enemies because of your political beliefs - sorry bucko - show me the data -

and for climate data - theres alot and it all tells the story you and your fellow deniers don't want to hear! Climate change is hear, it has huge economic effects, and its getting worse. Hows yourv insurance costs going cliffy? do you live in California? or florida? guess what - climate change - - and BTW we can now aply science to get a good estimate of how much worse climate events are because of global warming - but - well you know - thats science - and since you can't be bothered to educate yourself - how would you know that!
 Pages:  1  ..  81    83    85  ..  120

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.