BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  15
Author: Subject: GRETCHEN SMITH...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:51 AM

you might want to ask her, she seemed to be able to describe,the well built athletic build and well dressed perpetrator. By the way it appeared to be filmed in black and white, sort of a Blair Witch Project effect, so I wouldn't know Wiley, if it was filmed in black and white what color her nails were.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I also believe not wearing a bra with thin material pajamas and being large breasted can give someone an idea of a person that they are maybe someone they are not. I noticed that on the video. I wonder if she was braless in the jail as well.
[Edited on 10-13-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

G'morning Doc, taking a bit of time off from studying?

Your prurient musings of no bra in the Tijuana jail made two of the Cats fart from laughing so hard.

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 09:59 AM

Haven't watched the "vid" .... but, if she had them done in that "French style" ... perhaps it would show .. even in black and white ... just saying :):)

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 10:00 AM

Greengoes, who are you by the way? I spent a lot of time in Ensenada yesterday and would have liked to meet you for a fish taco, but you don't want to give me a number or place to meet you at. I am quite tired from my trip so I am relaxing a bit this morning. That is of course if you live in Ensenada. I do make it up to North County occasionally if you feel more comfortable meeting in San Marcos. San Marcos has transformed itself into quite a nice place compared to the industrial center it was 30 years ago BTW. I would like to go up there and explore the area more since I passed through there a few weeks back and was quite impressed. BTW it was not Tijuana it was Rosarito, I think that might have been a mistake that could have been purposeful? For all we know you might be Zorro!!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 10:01 AM

You are right Wiley!! Please watch the videos and get back to me!!
Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Haven't watched the "vid" .... but, if she had them done in that "French style" ... perhaps it would show .. even in black and white ... just saying :):)
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 10:03 AM

Lived a year in North County ... back in 86 ... was a very nice location

Can't imagine what traffic is like on 78 ... or the 5 or 805 ... work time

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 10:06 AM

Have to confess I had to look up the word "prurient". No I have no excessive interest in sexual matters, just that there was an argument here on what pajamas have to do with the situation? The situation could have been provoked, albeit completely unacceptable and inhumane. In fact, Gretchen does mention how she listened to an encounter in the next cell apparently a negotiation for early release. Maybe when she was groped this could have been a signal to comply for early release as well. She did not comply however, nor should she have.
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I also believe not wearing a bra with thin material pajamas and being large breasted can give someone an idea of a person that they are maybe someone they are not. I noticed that on the video. I wonder if she was braless in the jail as well.

G'morning Doc, taking a bit of time off from studying?

Your prurient musings of no bra in the Tijuana jail made two of the Cats fart from laughing so hard.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Say, what color were her nails ... :spingrin:

Blood Red if you're asking about the ones used for her crucifixion here.
If she told the truth, or totally BS'd her way through that vid, really has gone beside the point.......that of sitting defenseless in this Kangaroo Court some of you self-righteous people have put on in this thread. Those of you for whom that shoe fits are shameless.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 11:25 AM

Not sure when I'll get to that "vid" ... working my way through our Blue Ray collection .... using my computer and a new monitor ... pretty cool

Avatar was great ... have just order a 3D ... Life of Pie ... and "clip on" 3D glasses

Took the wife to see the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" in 3D ... when dating ... saw it when growing up

King Kong in water .... kinda

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
JoeJustJoe, I feel I'm pretty good at being able to see through people's masks they wear, and I also don't believe everything I read on facebook with people. I'm not a gullible person. I go by my gut feeling with people. You may dispute mine and others view of Gretchen because it does not vibe with yours. And some of us may disagree with yours as well. I feel she is a good, compassionate, honest, and caring person who did a good deed. Just my gut feeling on her.

If you choose to present yourself as one person on facebook and another somewhere else then hey that's how you walk your path I suppose! I guess walking a path like that works for you. Just because you are unauthentic on facebook doesn't mean Gretchen is or anyone else. Sure some people present themselves one way in social media and another in the real world, if that works for them, whatever floats their boat. I don't think that is the case with Gretchen. I think she is authentic, that's my opinion, and obviously it isn't shared by you, but oh well.

I think the Police had every right to arrest her, I have already said that. But I don't think they were professional with how they went about doing their Police business with an arrestee, nor the treatment she received AFTER she was put in jail. If you have a run-in with the Cops in Mexico things like this can happen, I get that. Heck it can happen in the U.S. as well. I wouldn't push the limits of the cops in the U.S. or Mexico, I personally wouldn't do that. I come from a law enforcement family and I have a lot of respect for Police and I don't think ya win any points with them when you are combative. Quite the contrary, eh.

We don't know that she was as combative the entire time in jail as you elude her to be and like you have pretty much summed up she was, a whacked out bi-polar woman. All I can go by is what she chose to share, and I take that as her personal truth of what happened. I think she did go off the rails upon being arrested, she admitted to that. Under the circumstances she was under, is it any wonder? And I DO also think her rights were majorly violated.

I don't agree with tearing this good citizen's character to shreds for a self-less deed in helping a dying man, in fact it's really gross to be quite honest. But hey that's my opinion.

I really hope his family never reads any of these posts, because I think they are probably pretty damn grateful for everything Gretchen did for their loved one. Trying to save him, trying to get help from somebody, anybody....and staying with him while he laid bleeding in her arms, I know I would be grateful for an angel such as her if that was my loved one.

Gretchen asked for prayers for Mar and his family, he left behind a wife and a 4 year old child. Soooo sad, so very very sad. And so very senseless.

I saw the video someone put up with photos of Mar, broke my heart to see such a vibrant guy who did such a great service for his community as a lifeguard and with the Fire Dept and at such a young age, just think how he could have done sooo much in the years to come in service to his community, obviously community work was his calling.........Rosarito lost an upstanding citizen, that's for sure!

R.I.P. Mar

BajaLuna thanks for the well thought out reply, but at the same time I can't help but feel you're also making a passive-aggressive shot at me, and sort of a cheap shot bringing up the victim, and his family, when I said nothing about the victim, and you have no idea how to the family feels, but it's OK, I could take it.

Regarding my Facebook, I must confess I really don't have a personal Facebook with my real name on it, and other real facts about myself. I view Facebook, like I view multinational companies like "Walmart" and I pretty much think Facebook is evil, because they don't protect the privacy of their members, and just as we are speaking, Facebook is going to roll out a new version that will get rid of the privacy option and make all users searchable. See the link below, however, I do have a Facebook, just to on a rare occasion to read other Facebook accounts, when I'm searching for information.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/facebook-makes-users-search...

Yes the police had a right to arrest Gretchen, because nobody has a right to talk to police officers like she did. It seems pretty funny to me while most Nomad members are law abiding citizens in the US, and totality respect US cops who have a long history of abuse in the minority communities but that respect towards cops flies out the window when talking about Mexican police, and a women like Gretchen gets a pass for abusing cops, and resisting arrest, and resists being put in prison. It may be true that many Mexican cops are corrupt, but that doesn't excuse abusing a Mexican cop, and physically fighting with them in prison.

You Bajaluna are forgetting the facts that according to Gretchen she fought with the Rosarito police for 40 minutes before she was finally shoved in the Rosarito jail! Who does that Bajaluna? Right there the cops could charge her with resisting arrest, and assault on a police officer.

What rights does Gretchen have when she is going into a bipolar rage? What would have happened to her if she was in the US, where US cops have tasers, clubs, and rubber bullets? I have no doubt if this woman was in the US they US cops would have beat her within a inch of her life, regardless if she was in the right or not. And the women would have been in prison for a long time for verbally and physically assaulting a police officer if this happened in the states.

So Bajaluna you claim to be good at being able to see through people's masks they wear, and that you also don't believe everything you read on facebook with people, and that you're not a gullible person? Well Bajaluna, I have my doubts about you, if you really believe all the stuff Gretchen wrote about herself, and then watched the YouTube video she made about her ordeal in a Rosarito prison. Maybe she didn't have time for makeup, but if you ask me, what she writes about herself, and what we see on YouTube, doesn't seem to jive, and that's an understatement.

From Gretchen's writings about herself:

Believer, artist, curator, caregiver, missionary, world-changer, intj mastermind, self-taught, usually right, compassionate, revolutionary,

oh, and let’s not forget… …rare, elusive, creative, beautiful, 6’1”, female who can go from bathing suit to formal in 60 seconds flat. : ) I also know how to raise lobster, make coconut pie on an open fire, play roller derby and stay on a budget!

Again Gretchen is using Youtube to put out a one-sided view of the Rosarito police, and Mexico in general with all kinds of wild allegations. There are some people on three Baja sites using Gretchen's so-called first hand account to push their anti Mexico agenda, and so I take it upon myself to expose the weak spots in those augments Gretchen and the anti-Mexico crowd makes, until we hear from the Rosarito police and their version of the events.

I agree with you Bajaluna, Mar seemed like a very good guy, who enjoyed the beach, and helping other people. It's a shame he died at such a young age.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

What rights does Gretchen have when she is going into a bipolar rage?

If there's a number less than zero, that's the amount of qualification you have to say things like this, Joe.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 11:50 AM

Oh really Dennis? What about your crucifixion of the owner of PBBB? Do you really think the Ensenada Rosarito race is a "ride"? How about the part on the free road to Ensenada that goes straight up the hills for 7 miles? Many seasoned riders have stated that it was a challenge. And she is only about 10 years younger than some of the retirees, she is well into her 50's. When you want to fry someone it's ok, but for anyone to point out inconsistencies in a story it is a crucifixion. When you go into a prison and you are hanging out of your clothes or half-dressed, you are going to get hit on. That is a fact, whether in the US or in Mexico. Even when you are dressed. The fact that someone was horrified that this happened especially because of the way they were dressed is not understandable. No it's not right. No, it shouldn't have happened that way. But wake up!! No one should head towards gunfire and no one should be walking on the beach in that condition unless they are looking for trouble. That's it. And someone who states they are a Christian yet swears like a sailor and says on a public video they want to bite a private part off? Well sorry the words "MELTDOWN" are flashing in my mind.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Say, what color were her nails ... :spingrin:

Blood Red if you're asking about the ones used for her crucifixion here.
If she told the truth, or totally BS'd her way through that vid, really has gone beside the point.......that of sitting defenseless in this Kangaroo Court some of you self-righteous people have put on in this thread. Those of you for whom that shoe fits are shameless.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

What rights does Gretchen have when she is going into a bipolar rage?

If there's a number less than zero, that's the amount of qualification you have to say things like this, Joe.

Dennis just because you fly into your own fits of bipolar rages doesn't mean you know more about this subject than I do.

BTW Dennis I have been enjoying your fake outrage over Rosarito cops incidents on other sites, where the cops sometimes gets out of line, and where you say, " Gawwwwdammmmm....who is really running this country anyway. [no question mark for obvious reasons] "

You really do need to return to the USA Dennis, and see or read about the cops behavior against citizens of the US.

It's like you never heard of Rodney King, and the hundreds, if not thousands of rogue cops incidents of beatings and killings in the USA.

Mexican cops are known for corruption, and abusing their fellow citizens in custody in order to get them to confess to a crime. Mexican cops aren't known for beating foreign tourists.

Again I say Gretchen is very lucky she didn't go off the rails in the USA, because it could have really ended badly for her if she exhibited the same behavior against US cops as she exhibited towards the Mexican cops.

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:00 PM

I would simply submit that if one has never been in the position of being unable to disconnect from a person who is in a bi-polar rage, then you have no business criticizing the police. NO ONE who isn't a trained and THICK-SKINNED professional has much chance of escaping such an interaction without some kind of damage. Ask around and PLEASE tell me if you find a way to calmly resolve a bi-polar rage.

This is a very sad "perfect storm" scenario. A person with a tenuous grasp on reality was so unfortunate as to witness a horror, and didn't have the emotional reserves to handle it.

From the point where she began to interfere with the police investigation, this is all on her and her inability to deal with her frustration given the limited tools in her tool box.

If she had fought the California Highway Patrol for 40 minutes, at BEST she'd be out on bail facing criminal charges, huge court costs, a criminal record and fines and/or imprisonment.

In my judgement there are about 5150 reasons why this woman got put in jail, and none of them lead me to believe that her imagination is going to lead anyone to Gary Patton. Sad to say.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:13 PM

Just mentioning a reminder (which perhaps I should have put in another post and not lumped it all into one) that there IS a victim here who has a family and a community. A Mother lost her Son, a kid lost their father, a wife lost her spouse, and in the midst of debating this, and putting someone out to slaughter, that should not be forgotten. Maybe his family is not grateful that he had a caring person by his side as he was dying, maybe you're right Joe. I recently went through 2 family deaths myself, and besides that have worked with the dying and also the terminally ill for years...I sure wouldn't have wanted my loved ones to be alone. And most families I have had the honor of being with who's family member was dying, felt the same way, but there certainly is that 1 in 10 family, who think it's unimportant if their loved one is alone while dying and certainly those who want to be alone while dying...or those who just can't be there for a family member for whatever their personal reasons are, sometimes they just can't be there, does that mean they don't love them or don't care, absolutely not, and if they're lucky they have someone who can be there, when they cannot be.

A bi-polar person has just as many rights as a non bi-polar person, IMHO. I've seen plenty of people who were not bi-polar go into a complete out of control rage. I've have also worked with many youth who were/are street-drug addicts who can flip out like you would not believe. BUT they ALL have rights! In the position the cops were in, they had every right to arrest her and detain her albeit it wasn't right to detain her for that long IMHO, and it certainly wasn't right to treat her the way they did while she was in jail. They were unprofessional! And like monoloco said, maybe they need some sensitivity training.

In my opinion she may have also been using YouTube as a way to document her experience to be able to recount and recall what happened for her own purposes. A way of journaling, so to speak, while it was all fresh in her mind.

you're entitled to have your doubts about me! Just as I am entitled to have mine! We all including me, in any situation, can get attached to our rightness, that's for sure.

you're BN mood says "mad as hell".....be happy Joe!

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:25 PM

Yes Doc, I do believe she had an encounter with Gary. I don't think it was a coincidence.

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:31 PM

what I meant to say is, her encounter with Gary happened for a reason, that's the way I see it anyways.

Wessongroup....avatar is a great movie...and the life of pi is awesome!

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:34 PM

The guy had a fireman at his side, he wasn't alone. By the way, are there bomberos on the beach? I never saw them with 3 or 4 wheelers, maybe lifeguards.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Just mentioning a reminder (which perhaps I should have put in another post and not lumped it all into one) that there IS a victim here who has a family and a community. A Mother lost her Son, a kid lost their father, a wife lost her spouse, and in the midst of debating this, and putting someone out to slaughter, that should not be forgotten. Maybe his family is not grateful that he had a caring person by his side as he was dying, maybe you're right Joe. I recently went through 2 family deaths myself, and besides that have worked with the dying and also the terminally ill for years...I sure wouldn't have wanted my loved ones to be alone. And most families I have had the honor of being with who's family member was dying, felt the same way, but there certainly is that 1 in 10 family, who think it's unimportant if their loved one is alone while dying and certainly those who want to be alone while dying...or those who just can't be there for a family member for whatever their personal reasons are, sometimes they just can't be there, does that mean they don't love them or don't care, absolutely not, and if they're lucky they have someone who can be there, when they cannot be.

A bi-polar person has just as many rights as a non bi-polar person, IMHO. I've seen plenty of people who were not bi-polar go into a complete out of control rage. I've have also worked with many youth who were/are street-drug addicts who can flip out like you would not believe. BUT they ALL have rights! In the position the cops were in, they had every right to arrest her and detain her albeit it wasn't right to detain her for that long IMHO, and it certainly wasn't right to treat her the way they did while she was in jail. They were unprofessional! And like monoloco said, maybe they need some sensitivity training.

In my opinion she may have also been using YouTube as a way to document her experience to be able to recount and recall what happened for her own purposes. A way of journaling, so to speak, while it was all fresh in her mind.

you're entitled to have your doubts about me! Just as I am entitled to have mine! We all including me, in any situation, can get attached to our rightness, that's for sure.

you're BN mood says "mad as hell".....be happy Joe!
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:37 PM

I've noticed a consistent trend in your posts Joe, everyone is either fake or their actions are fake..or what they say is fake....funny how that is..seeing how you profess you do fake things too.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:52 PM

WOW and I thought I was all alone ... :lol::lol:

Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.