Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  94    96    98  ..  120
Author: Subject: The palm tree is going two feet under water
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 02:08 PM

What lacks class is posting a brag on a thread about climate change about one's large carbon footprint, as if it's something to be proud of, and then deleting it, like a coward.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 02:45 PM

No what lacks class is hiding behind “nom de plumes” to sling personal shade. It reflects negatively on the site and conservation generally. That said it’s really common where the slingers can hide who they are. Speaking on what lacks class!
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 04:38 PM
40 Million Ac of unused CO2 capture potential

Most of the red circles are Metro Areas. In a majority of them you can't let your lawn grow tall. They don’t have or don’t enforce the small gas motor lawn care equipment ban. They all have or want to rase fees for parking and driving autos. While each illegal gas lawn care device emits as much pollution as an auto.

government is not serious about solving human climate change they have a different goal.

IMG_4845.jpeg - 310kB
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 09:44 PM

Never had a gas-powered lawn mower in my life. Old-fashioned push mower or electric. Electric weed-eater. And leaf blowers are ridiculous. What's so hard about using a rake?
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 10:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Never had a gas-powered lawn mower in my life. Old-fashioned push mower or electric. Electric weed-eater. And leaf blowers are ridiculous. What's so hard about using a rake?

We had 3/4 acre lot when I was a kid. Had a riding mower. And a push mower. Both gas, obviously. Cut the grass weekly from age 10 or 11 until 18. Trimmed around the bushes and down by the creek with the push mower.

Use to cut grass around the neighborhood on the riding mower for cash on the side. Two kids jumped me one day when I was cutting some lady's lawn they thought they had dibs to. Whooped one them and the other went running.

Had a year and a half when the riding mower was out of commission. Did our entire yard with the push mower. Was great exercise.

[Edited on 12-18-2023 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2023 at 11:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Had a riding mower. And a push mower. Both gas, obviously.

You obviously have no idea what I was referring to re a push mower. They don't use gas, they are manual, there's no motor- they have a revolving reel and a blade the reel cuts against.

Why would I say I never had a gas-powered lawnmower and then say I had a gas powered lawn mower?

https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MTo3ODUxNj...

[Edited on 12-18-2023 by surabi]

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 06:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Had a riding mower. And a push mower. Both gas, obviously.

You obviously have no idea what I was referring to re a push mower. They don't use gas, they are manual, there's no motor- they have a revolving reel and a blade the reel cuts against.

Why would I say I never had a gas-powered lawnmower and then say I had a gas powered lawn mower?

https://www.amazon.com/sspa/click?ie=UTF8&spc=MTo3ODUxNj...

Everyone knew what you meant.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 08:08 AM

Except you, obviously.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 09:47 AM

Except you, obviously.

We had one of them in our garage that I assume was my grandfathers. Thanks for getting me to think about the old memory. :spingrin:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 10:47 AM

i have bermuda around my pool. If the grass is in short-shape, I use a manual reel mower, good for staying strong and healthy. if the grass gets a bit shagy, I use my battery-powered rotary mower.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 12:23 PM

China claims to have brought the world's first Generation IV commercial nuclear reactor online. The Shidao Bay Nuclear Power Plant HTR-PM high-temperature gas-cooled (HTGR) pebble-bed reactor in Shidao Bay, Shandong Province, reportedly went into service this month.

Generation IV reactors are the latest, long-anticipated nuclear power plants that promise to be cheaper, safer, and more efficient than the current reactors. They're called Generation IV because Generation I were the first experimental reactors, Generation II were the first commercial reactors, Generation III were improved versions of Gen II, and Generation IV are the future reactors that incorporate new technologies, fuels, and basic designs.

https://newatlas.com/energy/china-brings-worlds-first-genera...
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
China claims to have brought the world's first Generation IV commercial nuclear reactor online. The Shidao Bay Nuclear Power Plant HTR-PM high-temperature gas-cooled (HTGR) pebble-bed reactor in Shidao Bay, Shandong Province, reportedly went into service this month.

Generation IV reactors are the latest, long-anticipated nuclear power plants that promise to be cheaper, safer, and more efficient than the current reactors. They're called Generation IV because Generation I were the first experimental reactors, Generation II were the first commercial reactors, Generation III were improved versions of Gen II, and Generation IV are the future reactors that incorporate new technologies, fuels, and basic designs.

https://newatlas.com/energy/china-brings-worlds-first-genera...

Sounds like generation 4 replaced 3 versions found lacking. I prefer to wait for generation 9, and let Texas or Florida be the guinea pigs for generations 5 to 8!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 04:43 PM
SDG&E charges the highest customer rates in the US

Goat,

While a Nuke in your backyard might be dangerous. A Li-ion Storage farm in your backyard is dangerous. (See map) SDG&E buys electricity from CFE in Mexico. If the fence won’t stop people it sure won’t stop pollution (something CFE is renowned for). They also buy electricity from the nuke plant over in AZ

You pay extra for being a NIMBY! Solar or not CA lets them charge everyone for switch yards and transmission lines.

We have electric SUVs. We park them outside and have sprinklers in the garage as well. I plan on installing a fire suppression system in our battery room as well cause chit happens!

IMG_4852.jpeg - 229kB
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 05:59 PM

The storage places shown are only the tip of the iceberg if we go total green without dino juice baseload,

The storage will be used every night so how many cycles (days) will the batteries be good for before they wear out?

What is the plan for disposal or recycling?

How much energy will be used to replace them (make new ones, recycle/dispose of the old)?
How much energy and MINING will be needed to make all the new ones needed for the rest of the iceberg?

Questions need answers SO far crickets.

Germany is going back to coal, England is going nuke while we play the fiddle and and watch a cartoon

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 06:05 PM

I wonder if Goat lives close to a storage location? We should chip in and get him a respirator for Christmas.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 08:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
I wonder if Goat lives close to a storage location? We should chip in and get him a respirator for Christmas.

A battery fire will not affect my neighborhood much. A nuclear meltdown would decimate my neighborhood, and entire county. Like chernobyl, f**ishima, whole counties have to be abandoned after a meltdown…

[Edited on 12-19-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 08:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
The storage places shown are only the tip of the iceberg if we go total green without dino juice baseload,

The storage will be used every night so how many cycles (days) will the batteries be good for before they wear out?

What is the plan for disposal or recycling?

How much energy will be used to replace them (make new ones, recycle/dispose of the old)?
How much energy and MINING will be needed to make all the new ones needed for the rest of the iceberg?

Questions need answers SO far crickets.

Use google to find your answers. I dont have time to spoon feed you.

Woke!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 10:39 PM

When Cliffy asks all these questions, he obviously isn't looking for answers. If he really was interested in answers, he'd do the research, like most people do when they have interest and questions about something. He uses these questions as a way of supposedly pointing out why green alternatives to fossil fuels won't work.

[Edited on 12-19-2023 by surabi]
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 10:54 PM

Goat,

Ever visit the SD Naval Base or the Miramar Air station? I have. There’s enough stuff stored there to make a crater the size of SD county. Then there are all those AC carriers that are based there. All that overlooks the fact that you are an “X” on a whole lot of Chinese and DPRK maps.

Chernobyl was a human failure not a reactor failure. ***ushima was criminal bad engineering design work. The reactors didn’t fail the emergency diesel generators were located where they could be flooded by sea water.

A better comparison would be Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They were nuked and people live there today and have since shortly after the end of WW2.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2023 at 11:02 PM

If you are trying to say battery banks charged by solar and wind are useable as base load you are wrong for at least the next 15-20 years. Goat’s home town (SD) gets its base load from CFE in Baja North, Imperial County and the Nuke power plant over in AZ. NIMBY!
 Pages:  1  ..  94    96    98  ..  120

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.