RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 9-16-2023 at 05:44 PM
Goat, Drought? Welcome to Tulare Beach

IMG_4546.jpeg - 50kB

And then there’s this place!

IMG_4506.jpeg - 129kB

I think that the King is a little short.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2023 at 08:39 PM

You trying to make some point, RFClark? Posting photos of flooded areas when someone talks about drought as a result of man-made climate change, or photos of some dry area when someone talks about all the floods is absurd.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 08:09 AM

S,

I think that “The King is a little $hort” covers it if you don’t follow the Wizard of Id that might not mean much to you.

IMG_4551.jpeg - 162kB

IMG_4551.jpeg - 131kB
surfhat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 11:18 AM

What is more than obvious is that the term obesity needs to refer to more than body weight.

Obesity of the mind may not, is not, diagnosable, but it sure appears to be rampant among some posters.

If such a thought upsets you, you need to look deep into a mirror.

Wait for it my fellow Baja loving Nomads, the very ones who could use some self reflection will rail against such a proposal of looking inside themselves for much needed clarity that many current and former Nomads who have checked out because of some members mostly political intransigence go unchecked. Off topic never seems to be used as much as it should.

All that being said, I know we all love Baja and its people. Some show this love in their own way. Others not so much, or at all.

While peace, love, and fish tacos is a simple thought that we all can appreciate, I cannot help but hope for more from all the years and decades that some have been on this forum.

Hope springs eternal for all of us Baja lovers to align in some way that eludes us now. We have much n common and so little in opposition in the grand scheme of each of our own relationships with Baja. Peace out.

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 11:31 AM

Surfhat,

The first step down that road is to stop hating your fellow Nomads because they have opinions and beliefs different than yours.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 11:42 AM

Hating? Feeling dismayed about how many people have opinions and beliefs which are hell-bent on denying reality and make it clear they care about nothing that doesn't negatively affect them directly has nothing to do with "hating" them.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2023 at 11:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Hating? Feeling dismayed about how many people have opinions and beliefs which are hell-bent on denying reality and make it clear they care about nothing that doesn't negatively affect them directly has nothing to do with "hating" them.

surabi- You may have missed the point.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
lewmt
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 07:22 AM

"Hate speech is inevitably defined by those who hate speech"
Dr. Jordan Peterson
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 07:56 AM

No it isn't. That's an absurd statement. Petersen is just another climate change denier (among his other right wing and misogynistic views) with fancy credentials. He has a degree in psychology, not climate science.
And that quote was made in response to a hate speech bill in Canada that he claimed would make it illegal not to use a person's preferred pronoun, which was false.
surfhat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 10:38 AM

I apologize RF if you found hate in my sentiment. It was not my intention.

I try not to hate anything or anyone. That is a rot that festers dis-ease and disease, and I want nothing of that my life.

My sentimentality for days passed when Nomad was free for the most part from the scourge of politics that we get in our daily lives already means little these days, as some prove all too often.

You came here a few years after I did and at that time, the lid was off and the Nomad some of us knew and appreciated was morphed into some expressing their political leanings.

I am not really surprised and knew some would take offense at my innocent recollections of past times on a mostly political free Nomad. Hateful? ouch.

Thanks for spelling my sign in correctly this time. I have noticed you do that sometimes for posters and it is not accidental. Get your dig in if it makes you feel better. I can take it. So can the others on this forum. It says more about you than anything I can express or have the desire to address.

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2023 at 10:41 AM

Surfhat,

You are not a part of the problem!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-22-2023 at 04:22 PM

Bill Gates gets real about climate change: Planting trees is ‘complete nonsense’ but the end of the oil and gas era is finally in sight

https://fortune.com/2023/09/22/bill-gates-climate-change-pla...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2023 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

surabi- You may have missed the point.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

I think she MADE the point
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2023 at 07:22 PM

Surabi, you've made an excellent point ...
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-23-2023 at 11:15 PM

S,

The problem is the “solutions” you beat everyone over the head with won’t solve the problem. In fact, if the US went to “0 emissions” tomorrow it wouldn’t even slow down the rate of change.

The hate however is real you can see it right here in the cheap shots and name calling that is meant to hurt people and their families.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

In fact, if the US went to “0 emissions” tomorrow it wouldn’t even slow down the rate of change.

"rate of change"? Rate of change of what?

If you mean it wouldn't make any change to the greenhouse effect that CO2 causes, I bet you're wrong. The US produces about 15% of the worldwide CO2 emissions.

"The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that in 2019, the United States emitted 5,130 million metric tons of energy-related carbon dioxide, while the global emissions of energy-related carbon dioxide totaled 33,621.5 million metric tons."

5130/33621 = 15.3%

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/how-much-carbon-dioxide-does-unite...

Also, what's your point? Are you suggesting that we should do nothing to reduce carbon dioxide emissions?

[Edited on 9-24-2023 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 09:42 AM

RFC fancies himself a climate change scientist, it seems. And while the real scientists usually make predictions, based upon available information, and don't present something as fact that hasn't been proven to be so, RFC apparently is privy to info no one else is, and knows for a fact that nothing we do will make any difference.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 11:48 AM

Somehow floating around in one's own private pool all day just doesn't come across as a sacrifice.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 12:15 PM

;D
Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

The palm tree in the Bay of Concepcion and high tides in Del Mar are irrelative. The polar regions already are suffering. Some of the Pacific islands are suffering.

...I suggest considering more than your selves or your lifestyle as it relates to future generations and the condition of the planet you are leaving them to deal with.

The man-made climate change deniers and the "Yes, the climate is changing but nothing we do can affect that" folks don't care about others who are suffering from climate change now, let alone future generations.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2023 at 12:17 PM

S,

Engineer, not a Scientist!

It doesn't require a degree to know that a 14% reduction won’t solve the problem. Especially when those responsible for more than 50% of the pollution aren’t even trying to reduce their output and then there’s Methane emissions where the numbers are even worse.

There are an estimated 1.5 Billion cows world wide, about 37 million of which are located in the US or less than 3%.

Top 10 CO2 polluters

However, most of this pollution comes from just a few countries: China, for example, generates around 30% of all global emissions, while the United States is responsible for almost 14%.In the ranking below you can find the 10 countries that produce the most emissions, measured in millions of tons of CO2 in 2019.

China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
United States, with 5,416 million tons of CO2
India, with 2,654 million tons of CO2
Russia, with 1,711 million tons of CO2
Japan, 1,162 million tons of CO2
Germany, 759 million tons of CO2
Iran, 720 million tons of CO2
South Korea, 659 million tons of CO2
Saudi Arabia, 621 million tons of CO2
Indonesia, 615 million tons of CO2
 Pages:  1  ..  77    79    81  ..  120

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.